iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am so proud

Started by customsawyer, October 30, 2014, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I started to add this to the "Tuesday makes two weeks" post but since I love my wife so much and am so proud of her I had to give her a special place.

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=cz4nZHCnRYg&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DS_KoXNjrLy4%26list%3DPLLUzEQYSggzLd-iWGUtvpF1yJHDzsNK9T%26feature%3Dshare%26index%3D7
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

beenthere

You have a lot to be proud of, as does your wife. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WmFritz

Quote from: beenthere on October 30, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

x2...   Good on her.  Thanks for sharing, Jake.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Pat and I agree that she needs her on special place.  She earned it and deserves it.  Congratulations Lorraine, and Thanks Jake for sharing her joy with us.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is awesome Big Guy! Great, great post Jake. You're a lucky guy.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

doctorb

Jake-

A great, moving clip about overcoming our weaknesses.  We gain much more than just the loss of something detrimental to ourselves.  The newfound strength of confidence carries over to many other facets of our lives.  It's great to watch.  Sincere congrats to Lorraine and, of course, to you. 

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

scsmith42

Quote from: WmFritz on October 30, 2014, 09:28:29 PM
Quote from: beenthere on October 30, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

x2...   Good on her.  Thanks for sharing, Jake.

X3
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Mooseherder

It's a wonderful and powerful message.  Very well done!
We are proud also. :)

Paul_H

Well done Lorraine and Jake 8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

LeeB

Good deal. It's not easy. I quit a little over 5 years ago and still get a twinge every now and then. It can be done. Hang in there Lorraine.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

Congratulations Lorraine.

I know quitting is a tough thing to do because I quit way back in 1977, "cold turkey"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Excellent testimony!  very good production as well,  thanks for sharing this!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

yukon cornelius

Awesome! and a great video! my wife and I are 2 weeks into our re quitting.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Corley5

8) 8) smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup  Congratulations!!!
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

r.man

A tough job that is completed should always be praised. Well done Lorraine.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

red oaks lumber

smiley_clapping dam son you should be very very proud and honored to have such a outstanding wife as ms lorraine :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

customsawyer

Lorraine has never been very competitive. So the first race she entered was in N.C. She came in third and won a medal. She was so excited she wore the medal all the way home in the car. (About a 9 hour trip). No one could tell her to take it off. I wish I could have shared the look on her face when she got home.
The last race she entered she won it all, in the women division.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

You said she has never been very competitive,, well it looks like things have changed just a bit,  and nothing wrong with that!
bike riding is fun, rewarding, and a good way to get away.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

martinhorst

Very inspirational - nicely done.

slider

al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!