iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Minor Damage to Patrol Car

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 29, 2014, 05:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This pic was taken early this morning, by dash cam, from one of our County Patrol cars.
Minor damage to the car and the Deer got back up and ran off.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

That's a scary sight!  Believe it or not, I just slowed down in time to miss one crossing in front of my vehicle like that. As I began to sigh, the second one collided into the side of my car.  About, $500 worth of dents. >:(  Deer got up and took off.

Had a similar deer collision later that is unbelievable. :o
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

On the way to work one day,at about 60mph,deer trying to cross the road.  :o  I saw a deer in front of me almost hit the car in front of me. It had landed at the rear quarter panel and then somehow it changed directions and headed back where it came from.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

I have a crazy, border line unbelievable story, but true the same, after a midnight bass tournament we were on the way home, northern Arkansas, going around 15mph, in some s turns coming out from the ramp,  I was the passenger, when I looked to the right and saw a doe coming right for the door, then nothing, I told Robert, that was close! where did it go?  when we got to the junction and stopped Ron who was behind us flashed his lights so we got out to see what was up, he said, you won't believe this,, that doe crossed between your truck and boat! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

We drove through a flock of pheasants crossing the road one night while going warp speed. There were guts and feathers freaking everywhere. Busted one side off the roof light bar, windshield, siren quit, grill was destroyed. We had the windows down when it happened..Did I mention feathers everywhere? :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

I had a flock of young wild turkeys to fly up in front of me one afternoon.  One of them forgot to turn his afterburners on and was supper that night.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BradMarks

Magicman:  Wild Turkey for supper, what was the chaser?:D  Just kidding of course. 

BradMarks

I hit and killed a deer once on the way to setting up elk camp.  Beautiful mid morning north of Mt. Vernon, OR. Traveling the speed limit pulling a camp trailer.  I tried to talk that doe out of jumping off the cutbank, but no. Truck had a channel iron bumper with diamond plate and sidewinder winch. It was nicknamed the "Can Opener" (Think: "I dare you to pull out in front of me")  She jumped, I didn't touch the brakes, and without the can opener the truck would have been toast. Deer got tossed into the next county, plastic grill got broken but no water leak from the radiator. Replaced it back home with a chrome grill from the junkyard - truck had a new smile!

rooster 58

This past Monday morning at just after 7 a.m., I was headed north on 15 between Farmville and Dillwyn, Va. Traveling about 60, out of nowhere came a deer that ran into the driver's side door of my truck. No damage to the door, but a really big dent in the bed righbt in front of the rear wheel well :snowball: I looked in the rear view to see the thing get up and run back in the direction it came from >:(

jmouton

well so far we have hit deer , a flock of pheasants and wild turkeys ,   youll never guess what i hit a few years ago ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   a flock of seagulls on the  freeway ,  not good at all ,,, very messy ,  oh and  remember dont try to clean your windshield  with your wipers and washer fluid ,   youll run out of fluid and it still wont be clean ,,,,had to pull over slowly  on a 4 laner ,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WmFritz

I doubt this one was high-speed, but there was some damage...
to the Deer.

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Ken

On my way to work extra early yesterday I encountered 4 deer along the road.  The first 3 were smart enough to escape, the 4th, a large doe ran into the side of my truck.  I just continued on to work cursing as I drove.  Surprisingly, upon inspection,  the only noticeable evidence were 3 areas where the mud was cleaned off from the impact. 

There have been several deer collision claims on my insurance over the years.  Between my wife and I there were 4 deer hit in 4 years a while back. ::)
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Magicman

We hit a swarm of honey bees and they sounded like gravel hitting the windshield.  They instantly and completely covered and blacked the windshield out and I hit the windshield wipers.  And then the washer as I was rolling the side window down to stick my head out so that I could see.  It was a terrifying few moments.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 30, 2014, 09:55:46 PM
We hit a swarm of honey bees and they sounded like gravel hitting the windshield.  They instantly and completely covered and blacked the windshield out and I hit the windshield wipers.  And then the washer as I was rolling the side window down to stick my head out so that I could see.  It was a terrifying few moments.

Stuck your head out the window?  :o :o :o :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Yup.  At least my ears were not flopping like a hound goat

rooster 58

Thank You Sponsors!