iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another executive desk

Started by tule peak timber, October 27, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Rubbed out the top and mounted the keyboard tray today on this Claro crotch executive desk. One of my more challenging pieces to date. I started with a termite ridden , heavily warped slab ( +- a couple of inches ), twisted an inch or two, and a bark-inclusion running up the middle. The legs are also walnut crotches which I did not take the twist out of for a more interesting flow. The leg stretcher is a solid 4 X 9 inch walnut branch with big mortise and tenon terminations at each end. I tried to follow all the termite damage faithfully to leave a natural rugged hunk of walnut , like nature presented it to me. Cheers  Rob

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Magicman

:o  That is a fine example of accentuating the slab's natural beauty.  Very innovative.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bill Gaiche

Its great that you have the eye for bringing out the beauty of a slab. Good job. bg

54Dutchman

:) Perfect workmanship,stunning product. :)

mesquite buckeye

Cool. ;D

As usual. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

21incher

That is just amazing. Love seeing your posts. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

jamesamd

Rob,Swwwwweeeeet   8)

Jim ;D
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

jueston

that is a beautiful desk.... currently, every inch of my desk is covered in paper, i think if had a desk that nice it might motivate me to keep it clean so that i could enjoy it.  :)

Bruno of NH

Your the man !!!!!
Jim/Bruno of Nh
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

5quarter

ahh yes...well done Rob. But is it Bluetooth compatible? ;) ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

BCsaw

Words just aren't enough! smiley_applause
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Lud

Mighty fine stuff you do.  Thanks for sharing. 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

tule peak timber

Thanks guys for the comments....Starting a new crop of desks and tables this week....Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

scsmith42

Quote from: Magicman on October 27, 2014, 09:13:49 PM
:o  That is a fine example of accentuating the slab's natural beauty.  Very innovative.   smiley_thumbsup

+100!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!