iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

130 franklin

Started by Kp59, October 27, 2014, 06:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kp59

Hi I just bought a late 60s franklin 130 with a model 600 winch. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a manual of some kind, if they exist. I would like to know how to adjust the free spool on the winch, and proper fluid levels and or capacities for when I change all the fluids soon. I was also told that I shouldn't put chains on the rear, what do you guys think.Thanks for any help. Kraig

ga jones

Model 600 is obsolete. Hard to get parts for. I have one I took off due to that issue.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

There's a thread on adjusting your freespool. Search old franklin skidder. I have pics of how to adjust it.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Kp59

Thanks pictures always help

thecfarm

Kp59.welcome to the forum. Is the skidder just for your own use? Or will it be used on a 40-50 hour work week job?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lynde37avery

Kp welcome. Gajones will hook you up. He's helped me a lot and I'm super grateful. I own a 130. Super easy to work on. I run it 30+ hrs a week.
Detroit WHAT?

Southside

Franklin only printed a manual when they sold a machine, they are rare as hens teeth, I have never been able to find one for my 170.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Kp59

Sorry I don't have internet at home so it takes me a little longer to reply. I plan on using the skidder on the farm this winter. Then hopefully getting some jobs in the future, and if things go well upgrade to a later model machine. Thanks for the replys

Thank You Sponsors!