iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice 120 joystick

Started by ga jones, October 26, 2014, 09:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

Can anyone tell me why the control is oposite of a standard ISO control? The right stick you push it and the stick comes towards you. That's oposite of any other control I've ever ran! ISO ,SAE, case. I switched the hoses today I couldn't take it anymore.my lever control on the old 120 was the same way . We switched that as soon as we got it.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Dave Shepard

I think it's a leftover from old clutch style cranes. You would pull all the many levers toward you to engage them.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Maine logger88

All loaders I have ever ran are that way. It doesn't bother me cause I ran loader long before I ever ran an excavator anyway lol.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

treeslayer2003

yep, the old jonsered is like that...........a young guy got on her one day and said......yer control is backwards lol..........i never knew any better so i leave it alone.

ga jones

It seems like it's not natural. To push the control away and have the stick coming at you.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Maine logger88

Slayer Your 275 is probably the same way isn't it? Once you get used too it it doesnt matter but if you like it the other way I shouldn't hurt too switch it I believe the pressures are the same either way. I do know something's you shouldn't switch tho unless the pressures are reset

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Maine logger88 on October 26, 2014, 09:37:36 PM
Slayer Your 275 is probably the same way isn't it? Once you get used too it it doesnt matter but if you like it the other way I shouldn't hurt too switch it I believe the pressures are the same either way. I do know something's you shouldn't switch tho unless the pressures are reset
it has levers.........i ain't run it enough to know yet......ain't had time to change oil filters grease.......it will go to the next job.

Maine logger88

All the 4 levers I have run is forward for down back for up aswell. Come too think of it a bucket loader is the same way

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Maine logger88 on October 26, 2014, 10:01:23 PM
All the 4 levers I have run is forward for down back for up aswell. Come too think of it a bucket loader is the same way
yea, now that i think of it your right.......see it seems natural to me, ran wheel loaders way before knuckle booms.

5 levers, live heel is in the middle  :)

lopet

Some of the older backhoes had the stick going the opposite way too.  I guess if somebody grew up with that he doesn't wanna change. But for somebody who's not used to that it doesn't make sense.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

barbender

I about lost my mind learning to run log loaders after growing up around backhoes and excavators :)
Too many irons in the fire

Woodhauler

Quote from: ga jones on October 26, 2014, 09:01:53 PM
Can anyone tell me why the control is oposite of a standard ISO control? The right stick you push it and the stick comes towards you. That's oposite of any other control I've ever ran! ISO ,SAE, case. I switched the hoses today I couldn't take it anymore.my lever control on the old 120 was the same way . We switched that as soon as we got it.
I've owned prentice, serco,rotobec and run barko and hood loaders and they all run that way! Only thing that i have seen different is the bucket rotation.This is the same on truck mount and tree lenght loaders!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

ga jones

So it's a log loader thing. No reason for it?

jwilly3879

I've only run backhoes and excavators occasionally so the first few minutes are pretty interesting. I am always bringing the stick in when I want it to go out. It takes awhile to unlearn the muscle memory from the loader. On the old Husky loader having the levers work that way let you run the boom and stick with one hand.

Corley5

I switched the hoses around on the valve bank on both the Iron Mule and the C4 so the stick goes out when you push the lever away from you  ;) ;D  That was easier than retraining myself  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

tj240

like they all said its a log loader thing.  my last job i ran excavators and log loaders, took a minute on the excavator but a dirt bucket means hoe control a log grapple ,loader control. our timbco operator switched it to log loader cause that is what he was used to. its a simple fix just switch the hoses on that control no pressure change. good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

barbender

Ponsse forwarders have ISO pattern (excavator) controls, but the processor I ran had the backwards jib like a log loader ???

Corley5

My 133 Fabtek operates like an excavator.  Push the stick away from you and the jib goes out.  I think  ???  Now I'm going to have pay attention tomorrow  :D  If somebody asks what the buttons on the sticks do I have to think about it  ;D ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BargeMonkey

Dont ask me the exact term "iso" and which ever but its always been called "cat" and "deere" around here, deere controls are away when you push, everything we have - 3 excavators and the 3 loaders - log truck, forwarder and landing loader are all deere. I dont know on harvesters but the newer excavator's all have a lever to switch the patterns.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Dave Shepard on October 29, 2014, 10:30:54 AM
ISO-CAT, SAE-Deere.
We have another term for the ISO-Cat pattern.  ;)   I guess its kind of a regional thing, down here the sae-deere is 99% of everything we see.

Maine logger88

Ya it probably all depends on the dealers in the area back in the day around here it's almost all cat controls.

barbender

The difference between the ISO and SAE is the main and jib booms are opposite. Log loaders are something altogether different. The ones I've ran (Serco) had  foot swing, left hand left/right opens/closes the grapple, in/out runs the jib away/towards, right hand right/left rotates grapple, in/out runs the main boom up/down. I might have the main and jib booms opposite, I can't remember ::) One of the first things you will do when learning, if coming from an excavator, is drop a whole grapple of wood when you try to swing. I don't think I've ever had my tongue sticking out the side of my mouth so far as when learning to run a center mount loader on a rail trailer. You're trying to balance that first row of wood on a trailer that is 4' wide, dropping wood and it rolls underneath the trailer. Maddening I say :D

BargeMonkey

The guy I bought my first fellerbuncher from decided to show me "how to run it". Good operator, but... climbed on the hillside, reached way up and grabbed a decent pine tree, but didnt quite remember that the swing was on the floor... as he kept grabbing the left joystick. Over she went... ive got a picture of 13' of track standing straight up, he was so lucky he didnt get killed, when he knew he was going he wedged himself into the seat and front cab glass. Note, I had just..just... finished paying for the machine, and this happened in front of my father, and his father. It took a 330C and a 325C cat excavator to stand her back up, all it hurt was the front window and the door. Ive gotta find that picture.  :D

barbender

Thank You Sponsors!