iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help with simpleset

Started by Tree Dan, October 26, 2014, 01:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Dan

I checked my manual and I cant find the answer to my problem.

When I bump the up/down lever to drop in simpleset mode...It keeps dropping all the way down.

As far as I know you just set the 2 simplesets to where you want them,
then choose 1 and when you bump the lever down it will stop at that setting.

But for some reason when I now do that it wont stop at the setting.

I hope this is just a setting Im missing?
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

Tree Dan

Still trying to figure this out.
I have discovered now instead of the head dropping down for the set cut,
It's going up....ie I have the simpelset at 1-1/8"...when I hit the down lever
the head goes up 1-1/8" :o
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

Dave Shepard

I don't have simple set, so I am not sure I can help you. On my Accuset2, once I've gone all the way done on the pattern, it will return to the lowest setting until I go back to manual and reset the pattern or set down selected.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

MartyParsons

Hello,
I need to know what the lights on the H bridge are doing when the up down switch is moved. The lights should be Green on up and Red on down. There is information in the manual that may help.
Let me know. I will check later.
Also check the gear setting see if it changed to the LT40 revision.

Marty

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Tree Dan

Im not too sure what the H bridge is at this time :P, but Im going to look at it again now
and see if the lights are red or green,
Thanks for the help guys

Magicman

I have no experience with "SimpleSet", but with my 'SetWorks", the left button (Manual.Auto) has to be clicked off and then on to reset the SetWorks to the new position.  If I have raised the head from a previous cut and then reset a new saw thickness, the head will keep going down to that distance below the previous cut unless I click off and on.  There is nothing.  It is doing what I told it to do no matter what my intentions were.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Dan

But why would it now be going up and stop at the setting instead of down.
That's whats going on now

I think I may need to take the cover off to see the H bridge? and the lights?

Tree Dan

I see now in the manual where the H-Bridge is...Im gone to take off the cover

Magicman

Oh my, I missed the "up" part.   :o 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Dan

The gear setting is 1170...and that appears to be correct for this LT35HD

With simple set on...It sometimes goes upwards to the setting,(instead of down to setting)
or it will keep dropping down.

I will look at the H bridge next under the cover and see what color lights are on

Tree Dan

On the H bridge I have green going up and a red light when the head travels down.

Ga Mtn Man

Is the LED on the sensor (on the sawhead) ON?  Does it blink when you move the head up or down?  Have you checked the connections at both ends of the cable that goes to the sensor?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

MartyParsons

Hello,
I am also not sure. I will find out tomorrow and let you know. You may want to call on your own. I will be out in the field tomorrow.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Tree Dan

Thanks...I will give wood mizer a call in the morning.
Im not sure where the led is on the head.

I can still saw with the mill, just no simple set
The guys at Wood Mizer Canada are great people
Im sure it will be a easy repair. :P

sparks

After the gear ratio there in a inv gear setting. It should be set to No
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Tree Dan

Would that make the saw head go up instead of down?
Say If it was on yes setting?
Thanks Sparks, I will look for that setting in the am

Tree Dan

Quote from: sparks on October 26, 2014, 09:56:56 PM
After the gear ratio there in a inv gear setting. It should be set to No
Thanks that worked! :new_year:

Magicman

Thanks, reporting back here could help the next person that may have a similar problem.   smiley_thumbsup

Tree Dan

Quote from: Magicman on October 27, 2014, 01:23:19 PM
Thanks, reporting back here could help the next person that may have a similar problem.   smiley_thumbsup
It was just that setting....easy to change...all running good now MagicMan.

It was great to see the Wood Mizer USA jump in here and help on a Sunday!
That's what I call great support!

Ok lets get back to milling some timber ;D

Thank You Sponsors!