iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is a replacement DCS avail. for Lt70???

Started by JB Griffin, October 24, 2014, 11:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

I was hoping Sparks or someone would know if it is.
It had a DCS like this

Thanks
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

MartyParsons

Hello,
If you are asking if you can change the mill in the picture to a DCS LT70? There is no kit to change it over. It would also something WM would not recommend.
It would not be something you would want to do because it would be costly.

Wood Mizer is changing the 70 DCS first qtr of 2015. It will be called a LT70 Super. Hydraulic pump on the engine that would drive the bed functions, up and down, power feed ect.
There are some out in the field as prototypes now. It was also at Paul Bunyon show in Ohio.

I hope i answered your question. The 70 in the picture is not a DSC. It looks like it has not been used much or the owner has done a great job on maintenance.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

JB Griffin

Thanks Marty.  The remote is missing.  If it isn't a DCS I don't know what to call it since I'm not familiar with them.  It wasn't bolted down so thieves have carried it off and I need to know what to replace it with. The mill in the picture is only one I found on the forum to show what type of remote it had.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Dave Shepard

That is called Command Control. On an LT40 or LT50 the Command Control is bolted to the hitch end of the mill, and on the LT70 it is on that cable so you can position anywhere around the mill.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JB Griffin

thank you Dave, so I need to know if there is a replacement avail.

Dave Shepard

I'm sure you could have that replaced, but I'd be a little scared of the price. That really sucks someone would steal that. :( I guess the owner will have to deduct that from the value of the mill, or put in an insurance claim, if possible.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

JB Griffin

Definite price reduction in order for sure. I was just wondering what it would cost. :-\

Dave Shepard

You can call any of the WM stores and they can give you a price. The might want the serial number, just tell them why you want to know. Marty may be able to give you a ballpark figure. I'm going to say $4k, but that's just a wild guess.

MartyParsons

I looked up the part # 053068

Are you sitting down?

This may not be the exact part #. I would need to know if it was changed to Accuset 2 or not. Revision # and Gas or diesel.

The price is - - -  $ 4788.00  :o  Lots of parts in there.

I saw a brand new mill smashed with a hammer one time. Insurance took care of the cost. I was able to make it work until the parts were available. They hit it right where the key switch is located.

Hope this helps.

Any insurance on the mill?

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

JB Griffin

Thanks Marty, the mill is for sale as is, and is the 25hp 3ph version with the old style accuset. And yes I was sitting down, thankfully. :o

Thank You Sponsors!