iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl compression

Started by cwjr, October 23, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwjr

Hey guys,   I have a stihl 025 that has been an awesome saw for light cutting.  I have been having a hard time with it lately, not idling, lacking power, sometimes you have to mess with the choke to keep it running,

I did the simple stuff, spark plug, carb kit, replaced the fuel line (it looked cracked), replaced fuel tank strainer,  but nothing has made any difference.

it has 110 lbs compression, is this enough?   I am thinking its a crank seal problem or cylinder base gasket,

Suggestions please!   thank you

Al_Smith

110 is a tad low I'd say unless something is wrong with the compression guage .

From my experiance bad seals don't affect compression sounds more like the piston rings are bad .Then again I've never worked on an 025 fact never even seen one .

Al_Smith

I had to look that think up not knowing any more than I do .

That saw is a clam shell design it doesn't have a base gasket. Flea bay  parts for it are cheap as dirt .

hawkins111

This is right from Stihl

Generally the minimum is 110 lbs. of compression. However, this will vary by model and compression readings alone are not enough to determine the condition of the engine. Compression gauges are not always accurate and different engines will provide different results.

Thank You Sponsors!