iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Done sawing for another year

Started by Chuck White, October 23, 2014, 06:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Finally, all orders are done.

Just in time for deer season.

This year I broke my record, I set in 2008, this year I sawed 71,587.8 board feet of lumber, all sawing mobile!

Didn't beat the old record by much either, just 222.2 board feet.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

Chuck,
Good for you.You are a smart man to avoid sawing in the North Country in the winter.I hope your deer season is successful.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Ohio_Bill

Congratulations  Chuck . Well done .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on October 23, 2014, 06:45:08 AM

This year I broke my record, I set in 2008, this year I sawed 71,587.8 board feet of lumber, all sawing mobile!

Didn't be the old record by much either, just 222.2 board feet.

No pictures?......It didn't happen.  :D :D :D :D

(good job Chuck!  smiley_thumbsup )
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Chuck, this little portable sawing business is nice isn't it.  Saw and leave with a bit of jingle in your pocket. $$   :) :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

I admire you Chuck, every year I say I'am going to get everything done to chase birds for a month but everyone dumps work on me this time of the year. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations on finishing a great season.  smiley_beertoast Now batten down the hatches!   smiley_chop   fire_smiley
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

YellowHammer

You must shoot a lot of really big deer if you have to use your saw to dress and quarter them! :D

Just kidding, sounds like you've had a great year, congratulations.   8)
YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

Good luck with your deer hunt. 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

dgdrls

Hi Chuck,

Where you heading out for the hunt this year?

Be well and take care.

DGDrls

Tree Dan

Hey Chuck, That's a lot of lumber you did wow!
You deserve a nice big buck ;D good luck with the hunt,
And by the way thanks for suggesting the hyd mill...I took your advise and glad I did.
Now winter is coming and I have my first paying job this Sunday...and I plan to saw through the winter.
Cheers
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

Chuck White

Quote from: dgdrls on October 23, 2014, 06:02:07 PM
Hi Chuck,

Where you heading out for the hunt this year?

Be well and take care.

DGDrls

Nowhere special Dan, just local!

Most likely, up on my brothers property where we do the sugaring in the Spring!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Really been a busy year!

Thanks for all the favorable replies guys!

Ludo

Great idea Chuck! Get your doe permits for Orange County NY (and all your relatives, friends, etc) and come down here and get them off my lawn!  Vermin!

dgdrls

Didn't beat the old record by much either, just 222.2 board feet.

Just for fun,  that tally's to 13, 431   2x4x8's :) 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fat olde elf

Anyone that can fold bands by just flipping them up in the air deserves a great break to go hunting. Good luck and hello ! to your child bride.  Our grandson Jake (18) finishes basic training on November 14.  Thanks for your military service...........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Chuck White

WELL,,,,,, I guess I lied a little, sorta got rooked into another sawjob!

Customer just 2½ miles down the road needed a couple of storage/lawn sheds before the snow got deep and offered enough $$$$$ for me to take the mill out again.

Well We sawed 6,128.6 bf of 2 year old pine logs.  They really sawed out nice, and only a couple of the logs had evidence of Pine Beetle damage.

Well that put my total for this year up to 77,716.8 board feet, glad it's done.

Took an hour to thaw out the water line on the last day before we could get started.

drobertson

:D :D :D and I was really going to say give it just one more week ;D    Congrats on your successful year Chuck!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dave Shepard

You are all done for the year, and I'm just getting ready to get going. :D At least all mine is in my own yard, and I can saw as the weather allows. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Chuck,

Congratulations and good luck. Be careful out there. We had our first snow Thursday. Woods were brown when I climbed in my stand and white before I got down. Deer were smarter than me and just stayed in their beds. I did get a decent spike with my bow Friday and we just finished putting him in the freezer (well, except the hams which I am corning and they will need a week or more to process).

I am impressed and hopeful the mobile sawing here works as well for me as you describe in your area. Enjoy the break.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Congrats on a "re-successful" year Chuck. 

Mine never ends.  I have gotten two calls tonight from customers with logs ready and wanting to know "when".   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

giant splinter

Good job check, keep up the good work , breaking records is a neat thing and a tough act to follow ....... congratulations
roll with it

isawlogs

Good for you Chuck, hope the hunt goes well, ours ended this eveing, we are five that hunt together and we have four bucks down.
I have yet a few saw jobs that need be done before putting the mill away for the winter. 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Brucer

This is the first year (out of 10) that I haven't had to saw in the snow AND I shut down before November :).

OK, so technically I was still operating on November 2. That was cleanup day. Ran the edger for 0.1 hours and the chops saw for about 1/2 an hour. Sawmill was already put to bed. I would have done all this on October 31 but my helper was out hunting with her partner up until November 1.

And technically there was snow on the ground one day in mid October, but it was only an inch, it melted a day later, and it wasn't actually falling when I was sawing.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

5quarter

Chuck ole buddy ole pal...so glad to hear you're up and running again! I got a whack of logs that I just NEED to get cut before thanksgiving.  ;) ;D ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

terrifictimbersllc

Put some WWF in your lubemizer so you can go out again next week easier.  :D
now enjoy the winter!
bon_fire
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Thanks again for all the favorable comments guys!

No...... not going on the road again until Spring.

It has really been a good year, but it's good that it's done!

Now I can kick back a little and maybe even get in a little hunting time.

Thank You Sponsors!