iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our 100,000 poster

Started by Jeff, July 31, 2004, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I never dreamed that when someone placed the 100,000 post that I would be the one to get a gift from it, but that I did.  Yesterday evening the phone rang and it was iain. We had a great visit. I could not have asked for a better way to celebrate our 100,000 post then by meeting another one of our fellow Forestry Forum members and reinforcing what I have already learned. Most of us are already great friends even if we don't know it yet. :)  Talking with iain was like talking to a bud that I may have known all my life. Thanks for the call iain, it made my day.

Now, I want to brag on iain a little. He says its not quite right yet, and it is being worked on, but he has a website up that shows some of his work. The only thing I can say is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! What an artist! You guys gotta go look and see what he is doing with the wood resources that he has around him.  I am so proud that iain is a member of this forum, as I am all of our other members, I could bust. :) :)

http://www.leafbone-furniture.co.uk/

Thanks again iain for the call and the chance to be your friend.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Oh WOW!!!!   8) 8) 8)
I want one of them tables!!!!!!
Now I have even more ideas for the new kitchen!

chet

That is some mighty fine work.   :)  Iain, I would love to see some of your work in person.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tillaway

Iain,

I am speechless.  Now I just have to hide your website from my wife. ;D  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Ianab

Wow.  :)
The web page needs a bit of tuning for us poor dial-up types... but the furniture there is AMAZING.
Can we hide this page from LIL as well ??  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

LIL

LIL may have to add the page to her favourites.  Alot of nice stuff to see.  

Alot of hints to make ;D - heres hoping they are taken on board.

Alas too many trees to mill, so little time to construct, so many others with orders in before me.

Who knows it may happen one day  ;)
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Patty

My goodness!  
 :o

You have created what I always have envisioned, but don't have the talent or skills to  create myself.  Someday I would like to see your pieces in real life, I know the photos don't do them justice. What are some of the woods you have available in Derby? They are very beautiful.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

RavioliKid

Iain!

Those pieces are real works of art!!!  :o

RavioliKid

SwampDonkey

Yes indeed, nice works of art Iain.  Your website is coming along nicely. Only its slow to load on my dialup as Ianab pointed out on his end. The pictures are nice and clear though. :)  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

iain

thank you every one   :-[ :-[ :-[
we were going to contract the site construction out but linda wanted a go first shes now sent it to one of her tech geeks to tune up for her and to make it faster,cleaner,stronger,better than before (que slowmo lee majors)

jeff it was a pleasure to "visit" cant belive how long we gassed i only intended to saw hello on my way to bed

thanks to buzz and to deadheader :) when the site is worked it will be under a replacement mugg shot cant wait to have my own cabin ;)

Ianab

Iain

The site is nice and cleanly laid out, excellent pictures, but to speed it up there should be 2 versions of each image. The full size high quality one, and a smaller compressed thumbnail that appears on the front pages. You click in the small image and then see the full size version. That would make the pages 10 times faster to load.
Hopefully thats what your tame geek will do for you anyway  :D
Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ed_K

You have a kool web site  8). I love the Kings chair, does it have storage under the seat?
Ed K

SwampDonkey

:D :D

Ok Guys. ;) Heck, CK or I coulda won the post contest. I didn't even know there was one. :D :D   How sneaky of you Jeff_B :D

I , like everyone else, enjoyed Iain's new website which gave everyone a chance to see another talented individual who has joined this forum.

Do I get a prize for just showing up? ;) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR_Buck

Iain,

Just love the stuff on you web site.   Wife likes it also.  So, in about 2 1/2 weeks when we're in you're neighborhood we're going to stop in and look at your fine work in the flesh.  8)  

I assume the town of Derby you live in is the one near Nottingham?  We are coming over for holiday and will be traveling by train around the UK and planned on a stop over in Nottingham and Derby is close enough to stop as well.  Maybe you can even recommend a B&B in the area?  I'll bring you telephone number along and give you a ring when we have a firm schedule to be in your area.

Dave (aka DR Buck)

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Stan

Ok I was confused, I thought Jeff was awardin' hisself prizes, and braggin' about it.  ;) Not really, but it sure sounded that way.  ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Jeff

Wood-mizer sent a very nice book for a door price for the forum pig roast. I have decided that the first to arrive will get it. Guess what?  I'M HERE FIRST! WOOHOO! 8)

Cant wait to show off my new book. Thanks JEFF!  Well your welcome Jeff! Maybe I'll have a prize for the person in attendance who has been a member the longest. WOOHOO! I win again!

Buzz-sawyer

Congrats Jeff 8) 8) 8) 8) ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

OneWithWood

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Such a comic  :D :D :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

iain

cant see a problem yet jeff as your giving over your house and grounds ;)

DR_buck your welcome let me know when ill off to edinburgh and skye for a while but should be back for you  :) derby is 20 mins by train from notinam  (NOT-in-aM)  say it fast then drop the i  
or if your realy common "notnim"
   save flight   iain

Jeff

iain, your package is in the mail. Took me a while ta get to it. :-/  Sorry for the delay.

iain

much as i would ave liked to come to the piggie fest i hope the bits didnt make it to the mail :)
got the bill for the phone call ::)

$3 86 :D worth every penny ;)

Tom

Hey Iain!

There's no decimal in that number. ::) :P ::) :-/

iain

sorry
$3.86 for 2hrs 12mins and 58secs man that guy can talk i had to operate a shift system for my ears :D

Jeff

hey! You got a deal, it cost 13 bucks just to ship yer package and that was the slow boat rate!

Looking foward to hearing from you again. :)  I was hoping you were going to get to return home in time to make the piggy call. (We were going to pass the phone around to everyone if iain was able to make the call)

Tom

Thats even better than Semaphore!

How do you use the phone for so little?   I thought the first figure was a real one. :P

Thank You Sponsors!