iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big loader small skidder OOPS

Started by smwwoody, October 21, 2014, 08:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

No one was hurt and nothing broke

When that big loader decides it wants to go the 170 doesn't have much to say about it.

Flipped it back in the rubber side changed oil and filters topped off all the other fluids hooked back on to the loader and got it moved out of there.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Dave Shepard

:o One old logger told me that was the best time to grease the underside. You don't have to crawl under it that way. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

RKH Logging

I dont quite understand the story of how it fliped?

RunningRoot

Second the comment above....

Looks as tho she was on some what of level ground. Was the loader pushing as you made a turn ?
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

lopet

Did you get her back on wheels just with your feller buncher ?    Me too ,  don't understand how that happened .
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

redprospector

Glad no one, and nothing was hurt. Stuff happens.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

timberlinetree

Glad all is OK. Reminds me of a 18 wheeler wreck.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

snowstorm

i bet that door felt like it weighted 500lbs trying to push that open to get out. a 5th wheel dolly might be a good investment

smwwoody

Skidder was making a turn left rear tire came off the rim and the loader tires were just coming down off of a small hump. Everything went wrong all at the same time
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

It went back on its wheels very easy with just the feller bunched
We had to help him open the door

It happened just as the forester for the mill we work for was pulling into the job. And the consullting forster the did the sale was all ready there. Also the head state forster for the county showed up before we got it back on its wheels
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

sandhills

Only in front of an audience..... :-\  Glad everybody is ok.

barbender

And right by a busy highway and a gas station :D Did you buy your operator new undies or did he have to cover that himself ??? ;D
Too many irons in the fire

loggah

Unreal !!!! i only flipped my Franklin on its side once,but i wasn't on almost flat ground !!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

lopet

Well when a tire comes off the rim with a lot of weight behind while you're making a turn I believe stuff like that happens. Glad everything is fine.
And yes with a dolly you wouldn't have all that weight on the skidder.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

treeslayer2003

well i hope i don't do the same thing...........he ain't jokin folks these big barkos are heavy.

Thank You Sponsors!