iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek Harvester Joystick Buttons/Switches

Started by Corley5, October 18, 2014, 07:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I had a switch fail today in the joystick handle of my Fabtek 133.  It's the button for "opens all".  I hooked the wire that goes to it/comes out of it to another switch and the function worked so it must be the switch.  Anyway, anybody got a source for these other than Mother Cat  ???  I ran some searches for them but haven't had any luck coming up with them online.  Maybe I'm not using the right terminology for them  ???  I looked for joystick switches and buttons both for excavators and harvesters.  These have two wires and diode or resistor in them.  Twelve volt goes in and five comes out.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BargeMonkey

I would try Don @ Lakeshore. I know some of the buttons are kind of uncommon, we needed to add one to my handles when I put the wrist on and I got the last one left in the lower 48.

Gary_C

I used to have problems with push buttons on my old Valmet harvester and I found the part number on the button and bought a bunch of them for a fraction of what the dealer wanted for one. I even had a 12 volt soldering iron to solder the leads right in the cab.

So look on the button for a manufacturers part number and do a search. Seem like I found my parts on Allied Electronics or something like that.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Corley5

I've had no luck finding a switch online.  The logo on the diode or resistor, whatever it is, appears to be Mouser Electronics but what I think is the part # doesn't match anything on their site.  A search using the number and an assortment of keywords doesn't turn up this switch either.  I've got to go back to the job and get another switch.  Maybe there's a different #  :-\  This one is hard to read too.  I think it's 330004.  Otherwise I'll make some calls tomorrow AM.

Brleclaire

Do you have sure grip handles? If you do check out suregrip controls.com

Corley5

Not Sure Grips  :)
The switches are Otto P7 sub miniatures however I haven't been able to find them with my part #  Yet   ;) :)

Corley5

Corley5

I gave up the search and surrendered to Cat.  Michigan Cat in Kalkaska had them in stock at only $47.35 each :(  The good part is I didn't have to go to Kalkaska to get them.  It's almost an hour drive.  They have a drop box at Brechiesen Diesel in Gaylord  8)  Called them at 8AM and they were in the shed at 10:30 when I got there.  Got it back together and ran a couple hours this afternoon after picking up the boys from school and before taking Zach to Youth Civilian Marksmanship.

Thank You Sponsors!