iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A cute little hole?

Started by drobertson, October 17, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Well doing some dead wood for a fellow,, the white oak is brutal, but doable,
the red oak is not too bad, got the re-sharp working pretty good again, and this is what I found tonight.

it was a critter hole for sure! no changes in the pattern, so all is good..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Brad_bb

It just depends what you're using it for.  If doing some furniture or a rustic cabinet, then that hole is an interesting feature.  Or it could be filled with epoxy as another interesting feature.  You could embed something interesting in the epoxy too.  I saved some of the June bug (cicada) exoskeletons after they molted out in the spring.  Actually I didn't collect them until the end of the summer.  I want to try to figure out how to clean them and fill them with epoxy or something, get all the air bubbles out, so they look like a bug that was suspended in amber - in a void in wood like that.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ianab

I've done a couple with a shiny new coin, with that years date on it, embedded in the resin. Just as a date stamp for the piece.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!