iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Retrofit for Hydraulic Etc. Fuse

Started by Magicman, October 17, 2014, 08:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I finally got around to doing the fuse retrofit today.  The instructions said to remove everything from the "little" box including the solenoid.  Wise suggestion.

This is what came in the kit.

This close up shows the Littlefuse Mega fuses on the new fuse block.  They are listed as being "slow-blow" so they should hold better during times when I am really getting rough with the hydraulics turning "too big" logs.  I found spare 450 amp fuses on Ebay for $3.50 each with free shipping.  :) I used "Ox-Gard" Anti-oxidant Compound between the fuses and the aluminum blocks. 

These fuses are smaller and really tidies up this small box.  New box cover with label. 

Yup, I now have a bright Orange cover next to the Salmon battery box.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

How much was that upgrade? I was just in that box today putting a new solenoid in. Ordered it yesterday at 2:00 PM, was on the front step when I got home this afternoon. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

$100, which includes both fuses and two spares.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Looks neat and tidy MM, but I think that new lid deserves some shiny new stainless bolts. :)

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Yup Paul, I was surprised that new lid screws were not included.  I may have to drop by the hardware store tomorrow.  It did have a gasket which mine did not have, at least when I got it.  ;D

drobertson

I reckon we won't or don't need to mention the tight confines?  but a very nice job for sure!  Mobile has it's advantages along with a few dis's   good works there MM,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

backwoods sawyer

Looks good MM

The red wire on the left with a loop looks like it has a bare spot about where the spare fuse on the door will rub.
After flexing all those wires take a look to see if they need a bit of added insulation.

When I had a fire in that box I replaced all the wiring, but with all the heat that is in that box all the coating on the wires in there are getting brittle again. 

not an electrition just worked with them

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

slider

Nice upgrade MM.Beats 12 bucks a pop for those z fuses.
al glenn

Magicman

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on October 18, 2014, 01:26:09 AMThe red wire on the left with a loop looks like it has a bare spot about where the spare fuse on the door will rub.
Nope, no bare spot.

Thank You Sponsors!