iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GREAT ROAD TRIP

Started by never finished, October 16, 2014, 09:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never finished

I drove down to Pineywoods a couple days ago. This man is a wealth of knowledge, and a fine host. Treated us to some good BBQ. I think I took up about 6 hours of his day. While I was there I figured out his neighbors know where to go for advice also. It's hard to find a person with that much intelligence who can explain stuff simple enough for me to understand. He is a man that tells you what he knows, instead of how much he knows. It truly was a fun day, and has me looking forward to meeting other Forestry Forum members.   

Magicman

Arkansas may be the "Natural State", but you found a real Natural in Louisiana with Pineywoods.  He is a true Gem.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Hey, I'm flattered that anybody thinks it's worth a 4 or 5 hour road trip just to visit with pineywoods. As with most visitors, the day just wasn't long enough. I think we could have spent another long day and still had plenty of stuff to discuss. Never finished is interested in adding a pineywoods hydraulic turner/clamp to a Hudson bandmill, should work fine. I put a fair sized log on my mill and turned him loose. He got the hang of it real quick.
Come back anytime.  8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!