iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

230d upgrades

Started by jd540b, October 16, 2014, 05:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd540b

Added some "extras" to the old girl...Hood, doors, fuel lock, windshield, glass and heat.... 8)

Kodiakmac

Holy Mackerel!  Now you're not thinkin' about goin' out and gettin' that nice old buggy dirty, are ya? ;) ;D
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Lazy logger

Nice work, can I bring mine over?
I know the voices in my head aren't real,but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

RunningRoot

x2 ... where do you want me to drop mine off at your place ? lol ... driveway ?  :D

I would love to do this with my old girl... I'v got the knowledge and fab skills, just dont have the time...
If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take you and what it set you back ?
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

Kodiakmac

Quote from: Lazy logger on October 16, 2014, 06:15:16 PM
Nice work, can I bring mine over?

HEEEE, Heeeee, heeeeeee.....

One of these days, I keep telling myself, I'll take a few weeks and do a cosmetic over-haul on my old buggy.  Nice work jd540b!  smiley_thumbsup
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

lopet

Love that heavy duty fuel lock 8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

David-L

nice work, working on some doors myself. Tired of close calls coming into the cage. The fuel lock seems very simple but effective.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

sandersen

Wow I'm totally impressed...you've given me some great ideas for my old girl.  Great work.
"Make every step count."

jd540b

I can take credit for the idea, design, and paint-but need to give credit to my buddy and his machine shop for the fabricating...although it is election season and false representation is rampant !!!!

Mooseknuckle

Excellent Job!! 8) can you take a picture from each side  full side shots and post Them. I'm doing a bunch of welding on my 230 right now and I could use some ideas to ensure its top shelf like yours!!
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

timberlinetree

Really nice job! 8). I like what you did to keep the water off the trans and the world needs more guys like you honest. Work safe!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

jd540b

Runningroot-Ended up about 2 days and a bit over $800 in materials including paint (allis chalmers orange is almost a perfect match) and misc bolts, etc..  Doors are solid sheets, bent at the bottom to fit into step, windows just cut outs and re-enforced on back with angle stock.  Hood is solid 1/8 inch bolted (so it can be taken off) to angle stock welded to the side covers and bent up at windshield.  Just put barrel hinges and pin to latch it shut from inside.  Made latch on outside to lock it up at night.  I will post better pictures if you're interested.

Mooseknuckle-I will take some more pics and post them first of the week.

Mooseknuckle

Roger that JD,   I picked up a can of the same paint at TSC farm store 20% off, got a rain cheque for 2 more cans.   Cant wait to get my beast done up and posted on the forum. Maybe some video if the 353 scream'n with a heavy jag on!! 8) :o

Maine372

very nice work, but I have one question. is there a way for someone to get in from the outside if you cant let yourself out? lets say (god forbid) in the event of a roll over, can someone get in to help you, or are you latched in there?

Maine logger88

Looks good! Like to see some more pics of her! Where in Maine are you located?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

jd540b

372-I left the top of the windshield with no bolts so it can be kicked out or in without too much effort (in theory).  Good question though. 
I'm down on the coast-Lincoln county.

Maine logger88

not too far from me then I'm around an hour from Wiscasset
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

jd540b

Got some more pics before she's all scratched and dented... :D

Mooseknuckle

Hey JD those are some nice pics!!!!! Great job on the fabrication! Time to put that TJ back to work!!!!!! 8)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GRANITEstateMP

I like the "operator" sticker, need to get me some of those!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Vtbowhunter3

pwrwagontom

Great looking modifications!  The place I worked used to use a hammerlock and a couple of links of chain to keep the fuel fill secure. 

I like the door, especially how to fits the contour of the machine.

-T
Never give an inch

jd540b

Thanks!  Glad I did it.  Put the windows and heater in it today ahead of the snowstorm. Nice to have a warm dry cab in winter.  Guess I''m getting soft...

Thank You Sponsors!