iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beware of BIO-MASS Direct outdoor heaters

Started by just_sawing, October 15, 2014, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I have been getting the run around for over two months from them. They could not deliver my store that I ordered and have given every excuse in the world on my refund. I have worked with them to try to resolve this for over three weeks and I am now having to file fraud charges and file with the BBB.
BE Ware if you have anything to do with them.
http://biomass-direct.com/
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

just_sawing

I have just talked to the company and they tell me I will be taken care of by tomorrow evening. I really want this company to prosper
You can follow me at

woodmills1

sure looks like my free heat machine.  I don't have really any complaints with my now 9 year old burner, but the company did fold and bio mass is the second new name.  So, I guess my 20 year warrenty is caput
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

chet

Quote from: woodmills1 on October 15, 2014, 06:39:34 PM
sure looks like my free heat machine.  I don't have really any complaints with my now 9 year old burner, but the company did fold and bio mass is the second new name.  So, I guess my 20 year warrenty is caput

At least ya got 9 years out of da warranty. I just bought a new boiler from the most mentioned brand on this forum. Brought it home on a Friday noticed this hole burned through from the water jacket into the firebox. Called the manufacturer and faxed the picture on Monday. Was told by the service rep that I had their permission to repair the weld myself.   :o  So much for their 25 year warranty.  ::)

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WmFritz

Jeez Chet... I'm thinking permission to weld it yourself probably wasn't the fix you had in mind when you found that!  :-\
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Reddog

Wow Chet, tell them brushing up on your Boiler welding cert wasn't what you had in mind!

thecfarm

Chet,that is BRAND new and they said that???  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chet

Brand spanking new. In fact had ta wait for them to deliver it to the dealer.
Brought it home late Friday afternoon, and called them bright and early Monday morning.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

Does it leak water or does it leak combustion gases at that hole?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

anyway sorry about your problem but you sure hyjacked this thread
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

Hijack is a good thing.   ;D   We talk about something else for a while and then back we go to the original question.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

AsaG

Quote from: beenthere on October 16, 2014, 05:20:51 PM
Does it leak water or does it leak combustion gases at that hole?

A hole in that location would flood the firebox.  The QC inspector must have been sick that day.  How the company handled the problem is disgusting.  Expecting the customer to repair an obvious defect?!?!?!   >:(

r.man

I am thinking there was a misunderstanding at the least, maybe on both sides. Did they say they wouldn't fix it or replace it?  Did you get a temp fill in who doesn't know about warranties? You should go up the line and maybe down as well, see what the dealer says.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

just_sawing

I have received a full refund and all is well in my part of the country.
You can follow me at

chet

woodmills1

Thank You Sponsors!