iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New purchase

Started by lyle niemi, October 14, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I had to have my own log truck  8)

Brucer

I'm still trying to become an expert at sawing -- I think I'll leave the trucking to people that know what they're doing :D :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

fishpharmer

Nice looking truck! Often I wished to have self loading log truck.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

JustinW_NZ

Dam, that could be handy.

What's your policy on loaning things?  :D

Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

slider

Lyle nice addition to your operation now you can go fetch .
al glenn

Magicman

I like it.  I would love to have a bob-tail with a loader.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan R

Lyle,
I see a RB sticker in the window. Must have been the recent Edmonton auction? Not enough wheels or axels to make it a coastal BC logging truck.
Dan

Dan R

Lyle-
oopps deleted my picture in My Galley - Learning curve

highleadtimber16

Dan, is that a Hayes or Kenworth?
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

Dan R

I'm thinking a Pacific. It is in the Toba valley. 50 Kms north of here. The Klahoose Band does the logging and Allterra Power is in there with two run of the river power houses. Third one is just being built. Where are you in Gibsons or Sechelt?

Dan R

Sorry Guys, Here's the picture I had posted.
Dan

delvis

I've had more than one job now where it would have been nice to have an Anderson log trailer and loader to just haul the wood back to the home base and saw it where we are.  Not to mention going to buy the odd load of saw logs now and then. 
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

highleadtimber16

Dan, My mill is in Sechelt. I live in Halfmoon Bay.
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

hardtailjohn

Lyle, with one bid, you've bought yourself 2 jobs! Log truck driver and loader operator!  Looks like a handy rig...enjoy!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

lyle niemi

I took the old log truck on the maiden voyage today, the neighbour had a small load of spruce that he didn't want and said that I might as well saw it up before it goes bad. It was tricky running the picker and I was a little nervous

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

downsouth

Yes it sure does look good!!!
Lyle it looks like you got a good operation going on up there.

ozarkgem

Quote from: lyle niemi on October 14, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

Where do you get your trees from? the background looks like treeless prairie.
Sweet truck.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

lyle niemi

Quote from: ozarkgem on October 19, 2014, 08:15:50 PM
Quote from: lyle niemi on October 14, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

Where do you get your trees from? the background looks like treeless prairie.
Sweet truck.
Alberta is a big province with many landscapes

scully

And here I was just hopeing to build an awsome log arch !  :-\
I bleed orange  .

mad murdock

Nice self loader there Lyle!! The most important thing about slinging those long logs is taking care not to bring the end onto your lap. Some pretty long pieces for your first load! Way to go 8) I bet that loader will do nicely for many jobs around the mill yard :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

brianb88

I second customsawyer's comment: Nice! 
Measure twice, cut once

Thank You Sponsors!