iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Highest temperature observed on E-Classic RC display?

Started by garret, October 13, 2014, 12:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garret

I am new to gasifier OWBs but have understood the concept of Imbert gasifier design in the context of alternative fuels research.  That being said, these downward flow units are capable of very high combustion temperatures, in excess of 2000 F.  My EC2400 usually operates around 1150 F.  I have reached 1400 F after "optimizing" the coalbed but haven't seen anything higher than 1320 F since.  Just curious what was highest temperature displayed on your E-Classic?   
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

don leclair

On my e-2400 with everything clean and dry,dry wood 1650.  Most of the time 1200 to 1400  dry wood and proper coal bed creates the best conditions.

garret

Thanks Don, now I have a new goal. 
BTW, aside from my deliberately feeding it not totally seasoned wood,  the furnace seems to accumulate a fair amount of creosote compared to a classic model. Been burning the least dry (~16-20%) and during shoulder season to "challenge" the unit by intentionally trying to induce the clogged primary air problem I read about so much on this forum when its easier to troubleshoot than in January. So far after about 5 weeks, I haven't experienced any restrictions that inhibit normal operation.  I also found that this design has a drip edge of sorts that redirects the goo so that it remains clear of the holes in the removable sideplates.  These thin stainless steel plates seem to be self-cleaning in that the deposits simply burn off.  The front and rear air holes don't seem to contribute as much, but so far only require a light scrape.  I also found that by merely burning a small, hot fire with the door switch disabled, nearly all the deposits readily burn off, except for the very top of the firebox.
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

sam-tip

My boiler hit 1736 this summer.  Before that my high was about 1650.  Charcoaled wood is the key to high temps.
Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

Thank You Sponsors!