iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1 inch oak

Started by Bruno of NH, October 12, 2014, 01:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Hi Folks,
Looking to sell some 1 inch red oak its green 10 ft long random width how much a bf should i ask for it .
Thanks Jim/Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

drobertson

not sure on the price where you are, but around here it depends on the grade, 380 a thousand to over 1000 a thousand,  wish I had some laying, just got a call from my ole hog farming friend in need of a jag for more panels.   He uses the lower grade for this app.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

I assume it is on stickers and is air-drying. How about a pic or three of the oak lumber.
And an indication of grade, as drobertson suggests. 

And "looking to sell" maybe should try the "for sale" board here. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bandmiller2

Jim, most of the oak I sell is for trailer beds I get around $1.00/ BF, I do no grading. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

I would not consider it for less than $1.75/BF.  If you want to buy wholesale, go buy a tractor trailer load. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Hi Folks ,
I Have an opportunity to get this oak kiln dried for $200 a Thousand should i do it ?
Would it sell better dried ?
Thanks Jim / Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

beenthere

What more can will you tell us about this oak?  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bruno of NH

I will post some pics this week end .

Knute

Last year I sold red oak 80-100 percent clear for $1.00 bf air dried. I know it is too cheap, but difficult to get more in this area.

WDH

The wholesale price of a tractor trailer load of FAS red oak, 80 to 100% clear is more than that.  Would have to be kiln dried, though. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

The big box stores get $7.00 a bf and it's only 11½" wide.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

It is $8/BF down here.

Bruno of NH

Hi Folks,
Got some pics of the oak i have been asking about .
Thanks fot the help .
Jim /Bruno of NH

Thank You Sponsors!