iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the Forum

Started by Sawyer4fun, October 12, 2014, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyer4fun

Hi All!

I am a new member on this forum and just wanted to say hello for now :).  I have been reading through the posts and the amount of knowledge and willingness to help others is incredible on this site!

I am currently a hobby sawyer up in eastern Ontario, using a Woodland Mills HM126, I have a good supply of logs and never ending list of uses for lumber :).  And, with any luck I will be building this into a little business once I retire.   

Looking forward to learning from the experts and maybe someday being able to share some knowledge of my own!
Woodland Mills HM126, grew up visiting my Grandfather's mill and always loved the smell of sawdust :)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF, best place on the Web.

DGDrls

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

samandothers

Welcome to the FF, great group of folks with alot of knowledge here!

mad murdock

Welcome Sawyer4fun.  glad to see you found this place!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

goose63

Welcome to the F F happy to see another hm126 owner here 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Sawyer4fun

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 
Woodland Mills HM126, grew up visiting my Grandfather's mill and always loved the smell of sawdust :)

Magicman

Hello Sawyer4fun, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Welcome to the FF from NH
Jim /Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Tree Dan

Welcome, great bunch here...have fun!
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Sheepkeeper

Welcome from Southwestern Ontario. Glad to have you aboard.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sawyer4fun.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Sawyer4fun.  My wife says I must "saw for fun" because I never sell any lumber make any money.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

YellowHammer

Welcome to the Forum.  Lots of good people here and it sounds like you already have a plan to make a lot of sawdust.  Good luck, and we look forward to hearing of your adventures.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

MAI

Welcome to the FF.  If you ask they will answer and then some. 

SawyerBrown

Welcome, come on in and have a seat at the table. There's plenty of room and more than enough to go around!  Enjoy.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

rooster 58

Glad to have ya' on board ;)

Thank You Sponsors!