iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best Place to buy Logging Supplies?

Started by dsgsr, October 09, 2014, 06:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsgsr

I live in Monroe,Me. just moved to the area this past summer. Where do you local loggers shop. I need small supplies and going to need some Ice chains, and I have husky's.

Thanks,
David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

coxy

go to Comstock logging supplies web page they can get you what ever you need vary good to deal with                 coxy

North River Energy

deastman

Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Jeff

I'd suggest giving our newest sponsor a call, that would be great for the forum. You can find the Comstock Logging supply banner at the top of the page. They have a website and can sell anywhere. I've visited with them at two shows, and we were introduced to each other by Logrite tools.  A great welcome for them would be for them to realize some new customers because of their help here. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kodiakmac

Best Place?  Well for a Canuck like me, judging by your prices, it's obviously in the US of A!!! :D
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Autocar

Comstock Logging has always treated me really well, pretty sure your be well pleased.
Bill

treeslayer2003

i have got stuff from comstock before, very good shipping rates and fast delievery. i just wish they carried more of the things i use.

dsgsr

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on October 09, 2014, 08:33:29 PM
i have got stuff from comstock before, very good shipping rates and fast delievery. i just wish they carried more of the things i use.

That's just it. I would like to do biz local (spend $$ local). If it's something I can't get local I will order it from a FF sponsor. But why should I buy on line if I can get it down the road.

David

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump

Jeff

Quote from: dsgsr on October 10, 2014, 06:31:46 AM

That's just it. I would like to do biz local (spend $$ local). If it's something I can't get local I will order it from a FF sponsor. But why should I buy on line if I can get it down the road.

David

David

Well, please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm just trying to give an analogy to your question. Why should you bother coming here asking for information when you can probably drive around local and ask people there? If you know someone, and they can help you out, then in return, don't you try to help them out? It is the same thing here. You know us. You come here for entertainment or knowledge, or maybe any other number of reasons that I would guess must either help you or do something for you, or you would not come here. So why would you not buy from a sponsor, when possible, when that helps us in return?   I don't really want an answer, I just wanted to pose the question for consideration. :)

Bert

Comstock is a very good company to deal with. I buy all of our logging supplies from them and you can count on it being at your doorstep in a few days. They recently started selling milling supplies and I intend to try that side out too.
Saw you tomorrow!

chester_tree _farmah

Maine Logger88 is down in your neck of the woods. I would ask him who is good and bad in your area. He does this for a living.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

BargeMonkey

Youve gotta drive up to his shop, they are slowly adding the stuff online. My dad has been dealing with Dick for a longtime, hes honest, and has always treated us right. He covers a huge area, if your a logger in NY chances are you buy from him already.

Jeff

I was amazed at the amount of stuff Comstock had at boonville.  Far far more than what is on their website. I'd bet anything logging wise, they have with a phone calll.  At the Booneville show, they had skidder tire chains and all kinds of goodies.

coxy

back in 06 I got 2 skidder tires from them     said he would drop them at my house in about a week that's when they come to this part of the boonies well it was 3 day later they called and said were going to be a little early is that ok   that's why they get my money   this year at Boonville they got a lot of my money great price on chain saws  and cable            keep up the good work Comstock  :)

dsgsr

Hopefully they will get more stuff online. I would like to view Skidder chains and prices.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump

Jeff

luvmexfood

Reading this has answered a question I had. Looked at the website and didn't see all that much listed so I assumed that was all they had.

Even before Bailey's dropped the forum sponsorship I was thinking about a supplier a little closer to Southern Virginia. It just takes so long to get stuff shipped here from the westcoast. Only reason I found Bailey's was because of there sponship. :o
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

goose63

I just ordered my logrite peavey on the 9th Comstock is great company to deal with.[ Comstock is my company to go to] 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

treeslayer2003

Quote from: luvmexfood on October 11, 2014, 01:35:05 PM
Reading this has answered a question I had. Looked at the website and didn't see all that much listed so I assumed that was all they had.

Even before Bailey's dropped the forum sponsorship I was thinking about a supplier a little closer to Southern Virginia. It just takes so long to get stuff shipped here from the westcoast. Only reason I found Bailey's was because of there sponship. :o
have you tried Bowen? they are in Va. they don't have much of a website but a phone call and they can get about what ever ya want to you. they good people.
i do like the simplicity of ordering right from a website but some outfits prefer to talk to you. nuthin wrong with that.

Jeff

treeslayer2003

i know Jeff but the man asked for Va. i do give comstock a thumbs up, they good people too.
by the way, Baily's is slow to ship. its nothing to do with the shipping folks. i get chains from a man in Oregon in two days.

BargeMonkey

I cant talk bad about Baileys, but like alot of places I think they have went to the "homeowners" with some of what they sell. I call Comstock, and Dick can pull up my last orders, knows how many drivers I need, if I need a bar hes got one in stock. I would hate to think how much saw chain he moves a year.  :D   

Jhenderson

Baileys hasn't been the same sense Bill Bailey died. I'm sure is son is a nice guy but his priorities are much different than his fathers'. Seems that's often the case.

Thank You Sponsors!