iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sharpen bandsaw mill blades in Iowa

Started by JHEPP08, October 08, 2014, 11:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHEPP08

Looking for a place in Iowa that would sharpen up lt15 sawmill blades in Iowa.
I'm in north central Iowa but would like some where closer. I have a place. 4.5 hrs away but would like a lil closer .

Thanks
Woodmizer LT15

Magicman

Just curious, have you considered WM Resharp?  $7.00 per blade and shipping for 10 blades brings the total cost to a bit over $100.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

36 coupe

Sounds like its time to sharpen your own blades.

SAnVA

As stated above, Woodmizer Re-sharp works great for me!

JHEPP08

No but I will look into woodmizer I wasn't aware of the cost.

Thanks!
I'd like to do my own but it seems like it'll cost a chunk of change to get a good sharpener an since I'm new I'm goin to wait.
What do you guys use for sharpeners?
Woodmizer LT15

drobertson

Shop around, the big ones are good, they just might need some tweeking as I have been informed.
It's not rocket science for sure, just a knowledge of grinding, which can be obtained with experience.
It is worth the cost, time and shipping for sure if you are sawing very much, or the margin for cost is in effect.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

chipperwam

I just bought a sharpener and setter from Wood Mizer.  I live in northeast Iowa.  I might be willing to sharpen for others. 

ely

I feel that the act of sharpening bands is dang near rocket science.

5quarter

What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

bandmiller2

JHEPP, bands are not that expensive if you keep your logs clean you can cut a lot of wood with one. Cut till dull and put on a new one save the dullies then when you have a lot its worth taking them somewhere or if your "into it" buy sharpening equipment. WM resharp is also a good option. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

terrifictimbersllc

Keeping my debarker teeth sharp with a diamond stone, trimming the front end off of logs when dirty, and rotating really dirty logs the other way so as to be cutting into the sawn face,  helps reduce my sharpening load.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!