iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And this is why we pay so much for insurance. !!!

Started by BargeMonkey, October 08, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I saw this at 0830 headed north on the thruway headed home from the boat monday, knew something didnt look quite right. 

Trailer twisted with the car on it, my pictures arent to clear but there where no studs in the hubs which means he had more trouble than a tire. Doing 70mph up the road.  :o 
Figured it would give you guys something to laugh at.

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Southside

I can't tell from the photos, did he loose a hub?  Was the remaining one about to go?  Saw a guy with a small trailer like that loose a wheel last week, he was about 200 yards ahead of me, I thought the whole trailer was going to go and take him with it. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thenorthman

couple of months ago was behind some joker with a rented trailer, loaded with a 3/4 ton something with a camper...(yes camper on truck, truck on trailer) being towed by what looked like a 1/2 ton truck.

Not long after they got up to around 45mph the deth wobbles started...  started dragging the tow rig around, trailer started skipping over white and yellow lines... camper looked like it would rather go for a walk.

To top it all off the wifey was driving and not responding well... her driving was fine but the panic wasn't much fun...

after about a mile of this they decided that 35  was just fine and we decided the scenic route was a good idea.
well that didn't work

Thank You Sponsors!