iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidding a big cherry log pics

Started by waynem3020, October 08, 2014, 12:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waynem3020

some pics of a big cherry log I skidded a while back

JD5203 with a Wallenstein FX90 winch, EZ Boardwalk Jr., PSG Max Caddy, Timberwolf TW-5FC, Stihl MS391

fishpharmer

Nice big cherry log you have there. What did you make out of it?
Not bad looking rig. What model tractor and winch have you got?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

waynem3020

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 08, 2014, 01:35:37 PM
Nice big cherry log you have there. What did you make out of it?
Not bad looking rig. What model tractor and winch have you got?

Have not cut it up yet, what it is to become is yet to be decided, probably lumber to dry and sell.

Tractor and winch - tractor is a 2008 model 5203 and the winch is a Wallenstein FX90. Both tractor and winch have treated me very well so far, use them every chance I get. My wife claims all I think about is skidding logs!  :)
JD5203 with a Wallenstein FX90 winch, EZ Boardwalk Jr., PSG Max Caddy, Timberwolf TW-5FC, Stihl MS391

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ohio_Bill

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

waynem3020

Quote from: WDH on October 09, 2014, 09:06:49 PM
I see some nice 8/4 in that log.

Probably what most of it will end up as. The one end of the log has some rot in it but should still make a lot of nice lumber.

BargeMonkey

[/quote]

Have not cut it up yet, what it is to become is yet to be decided, probably lumber to dry and sell.

Tractor and winch - tractor is a 2008 model 5203 and the winch is a Wallenstein FX90. Both tractor and winch have treated me very well so far, use them every chance I get. My wife claims all I think about is skidding logs!  :)
[/quote]
Thag
Thats a nice set up, and theres nothing wrong with dreaming about cutting wood, we all do.  :D

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!