iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Modifying a saw

Started by mcourtney, October 08, 2014, 12:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcourtney

I have a 394xp and a 2095 Jonsered, I would like to send one of them out and have all the fancy work done and still be a reliable work saw. My question would be to you guys is which saw and why. Also does anyone in southern Missouri do this kind of work?

Southside

Check with @CCC4 he is just a bit south of there and has mentioned having saws ported and polished.  If you find a shop that does you well I would be interested in knowing about it, I have a couple I would like to have done. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

celliott

Lots of guys that do very reputable work.
You might not find someone right in your area, it would probably be better to ship it out to a well known builder.
@tlandrum comes to mind, with his "wicked work saws"
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

ALWOL

I am not sure where Pomme De Terre is, but I am near Cabool in southern Missouri. We will be having saw races this weekend, if you would like to stop by and run some ported saws.
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

Southside

ALWOL,

That is some beautiful country you are in, been to a couple of farms in Cabool.  If it was just as simple as picking up and going it has always been West Plains, something about that area I am drawn to. If it was just that simple. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!