iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Serentine belt replacement

Started by Atlantic Trader, October 06, 2014, 06:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Trader

My alternator's bearing wore out and i burned up the srepentine belt. I have a TJ 380b 1986 with a 5.9 cummins. I measured up the old one and picked up one as close as i can figure. Sure enough too short....anyone off hand know what length it is.

lopet

When I am not sure what length it is I normally buy three or four. One size I think it is plus one or two bigger and one smaller.  Normally it works that way  and I return the three. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

sshier

Second that never right on the first shot

SliverPicker

When you get the correct one tear the label off and tape it inside the cab.  That way you can get the right one the first try next time.
Yooper by trade.

Atlantic Trader

Thanks i always keep the cardboard off my filters i guess i will have to for the belt hopefully i wont be chewing up too many

kiko

Gates K080527 if I remember right

Atlantic Trader

tj240

should be the same as the ones on dodge trucks with a cummins unless you have ac good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Atlantic Trader

Tj 240
That is what type of belts i got the next three sizes hopefully it will come together, i really need to haul  some wood ....

Thank You Sponsors!