Here's a not so recent pic from a 3 years ago but I like the pic

And another from early this summer of dad loading a load of hardwood pulp

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

bigred1951

nice looking wood. Whats the story of the old international truck i see in the back ground in one of the pics?

Maine logger88

Thanks guys! Bigred the green one is my grandfathers loader truck it has a rd450 motor and a old tree king loader on it still loads wood tho. If you look close there's a second one like it  behind it except it has a 1160 cat that we are going to mount the Prentice H model that's behind it on

nhlogga

Nice pix, nice wood, nice equipment. Keep up the good work.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

thecfarm

I like to see wood equipment.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chester_tree _farmah

Yes good stuff. Takes a lot fir sticks to make a load don't it. Makes u just want to hug the old poplar trees don't it. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Skidder Kev

thanks for the pics.   Nice looking load of fir on your dad's truck.

Maine logger88

Yeh thanks for the comments! It sure does take a lot of sticks too make a load of fir. Fir is about my least favorite thing to cut just cause it doesn't pay much for how long it takes to cut vs other species but it sure does look good on a truck and it smells good too.

Okrafarmer

Nice pictures-- channels me back to my childhood.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Maine logger88

Cut this oak today figured I would add it too the rest of the pics

chester_tree _farmah

Nice. A slab off that butt would make a cool table top. Nice shape to it.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Okrafarmer

Nicely done. Must have been leaning slightly toward direction of camera?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Maine logger88

Chester yes it would a friend of mine is actually looking for a piece of oak slab for a table I'll tell him about it see if he wants a slab.
Okra it was leaning the way I felled it but with trees that size I pound in a wedge or two just too be safe. I had the skidder right there too in case it wanted too be stubborn I would just back into it. Are you from Maine originally?

chester_tree _farmah

If a fellow had a chainsaw mill a slab off that stump would be sweet.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

BargeMonkey

That is nice looking, at least someone is cutting decent stuff. Worked all day and had 5 saw logs in the pile, but 3 loads of firewood.  :D    Timbco ?

Maine logger88

Nice so that jobs coming along good for you then. Gonna get it finished up for you go back too the tug?

BargeMonkey

A few good logs left, mostly beech and hard maple firewood. Ive got someone to skid for me the next few days so hopefully I can get finished. " a pain in the @ss" is not the word for this landowner, I cant get moved fast enough. The best thing is, my relief on the boat is taking another job elsewhere in a few weeks, which basically means im stuck till I bring the boat to the shipyard around Jan 1st. 

I cant ever remember to get the camera when im grabbing decent looking stuff.  :D

Maine logger88

Well thats not good cut into your logging time huh?The jack looks good!

BargeMonkey

As long as I get out of this one soon im fine. I bought this lot thru a local forester, he marked some ok stuff but im doing the leg work for the 200mbft cut that comes next. The land that borders this piece was 800 acres, I couldnt jump on it fast enough when I heard NYC was buying it.
I should get some better pictures, i am sold on these jacks, I still havent been able to make her grunt. Yeah theres 3 guys at the company I work for who can work this boat, 1 is leaving, and 1 is running another boat, which basically means im up the creek without a paddle, to cllse to the end of the season to wanna hire someone.

Maine logger88

800 acres would keep you busy awhile! Yeh I wanna see a pic of a big ole hitch behind that thing!!!

BargeMonkey

I hope someone else is cutting some nice stuff, because im not. 

That was the last drag of the day, actually gaining on it. 
The best was.... my neighbor decided to drive down to the woodlot to see if he could "help".... turns the corner on his atv and meets the cable skidder coming in with a drag, backs his atv up quick... right into the left corner of my truck. Headlight, signal, grill...  hes a super nice guy, hes all worried about it.  :D

Maine logger88

Looks good! Thats a nice looking hitch!
Started cutting the hillside today its not super steep but enough to be a pain its around 45 or 50 degree slope. 

Maine logger88

Sucks about your pickup tho

Thank You Sponsors!