iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poulan Bar Oil $2.83 gal

Started by Old_Town, July 27, 2004, 07:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Town

Hello,

I just found Poulan Bar oil at my local Wal-Mart for $2.83 for a gallon jug. Does any one use it? Pretty cheap. I will give it a try this weekend.

See Ya,
T

Rocky_J

Yup. It's a dollar cheaper than my next cheapest supplier. The saw shop wants $6 per gallon, but of course theirs has the Stihl name.  ::) Bar lube is bar lube. And the $3 bar lube works 10X better than plain motor oil (which is more expensive as well).

DanManofStihl

I bought a case of stihl bar oil when I first got my new saw I had two gallons already but was in a spending mood and bought six more gallons have 3 left but when I run out Im going to switch to poulan it is all the same comes from the same factory and stuff all this is is 100 wt motor oil with a very high tac so it will stay on the chain.  If it works use it
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

dansaylor

i use poulan bar and chain lube and really like it....i actually think it is better than stihl or any other brand and have noticed that it don't sling off the chain like other oils do.

tony_marks

well poulan got it rite one time..still i prefer the kind with red dye..
  that red color got to work better huh.. :)

DanManofStihl

Poulan might not have gotten their chainsaws lawn mowers weed wackers or hedge trimers right but they do have some good bar and chain oil. Lol The only thing you really cant screw up

dansaylor

i really wouldn't say u couldn't screw bar and chain oil up...if u ever tried wal-marts tech 2000 bar and chain oil u will see that it is motor oil that has been used and then they just pour it in the jug....lol....it is black and when u are sawing oak or some other wood like hickory it will smoke bad and burn your eyes....also a bar will wear out quicker useing it or motor oil from what i have seen.....but i use hard nose organ bars

racer9

My local Amish saw shop sells save-a-chain, & Classic brand bar & chain oil for $3.00 a gallon. They are both made by spectrum oil in TN ( at least thats what the label says).
I have been using it for a few years now, and it seems pretty good.
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

lamar

'When I lived up north,I could get 5gal. cheap from MILLS FLEET FARM. They were the best for the things I needed.

Preston

I like the cheap stuff we buy it to for the same price from Wal-mart! Seems to work fine just a little thick for the winter time!
Preston

DanManofStihl

Mix alittle kerosene with your bar and chain oil it will make it so it is not to thick for the pump to pick it up.

Thank You Sponsors!