iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cbn wheels

Started by wle, October 01, 2014, 06:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wle

Has anyone used cbn wheels from rixsaw ? Wondering how they compair to wm wheels

Ga Mtn Man

While I don't have any personal experience with CBN wheels, I do know of two guys that sharpen a lot of blades that have switched over to using them and they plan on continuing to use them. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

gmmills

These wheels are a quality product. I have been using one since April. Sharpen 2 to 3 blades a day. Some go around twice per sharpening. The wheel is still in great shape. There are 3 other local sawyers that are using these wheels. All are experiencing the same results as I am. One has had a wheel in service since Feb. He sharpens 6 blades a day, .055 x 184" blades. The wheel is still going strong.  Impressive  results. Don't be the least bit apprehensive about purchasing one of the Rixsaw wheels.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

customsawyer

Give them a try you won't be disappointed.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

JustinW_NZ

Big thumbs up from over here in NZ (yes he nicely shipped one to me all the way over here!!)  :)

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

bandmiller2

I know little of CBN wheels, does the C mean carbide grits or do they use diamond grit.?? Does anyone rebuilt them or I should say regrit them.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

terrifictimbersllc

Neither.  A different compound than either tungsten carbide or carbon (diamond).  CBN stands for cubic boron nitride, chemical formula BN.  Cubic is the particular crystalline form of boron nitride which is used on a CBN wheel.  Different chemical compounds (here,  boron nitride) can have one or many known crystalline forms.  Different crystalline forms of a given compound can have very different properties.   A well known example of this are two of a number of forms of carbon, graphite and diamond.   One is the very soft, used in pencils, the other long regarded as the hardest substance known.  Diamond may have been recently surpassed in hardness by another form of boron nitride called "wurtzite" boron nitride. http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16610-diamond-no-longer-natures-hardest-material.html#.VC1Es0tXBJ0
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!