iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Orioles v. Tigers

Started by doctorb, October 01, 2014, 04:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

Well, the O's play the Tigers tomorrow in a best-of-5 Divisional MLB playoff.  Hate to go against that pitching staff.  Hate to go against Jeff.  The O's have been amazing this year losing three All-Stars (Weiters, Machado, and Davis) and still finishing with 96 victories and leading the Division by 12 games.  I'm going to the game and I just want to say.......

GO O's
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Holmes

Good luck to you and your O's
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

Quote from: Holmes on October 01, 2014, 06:33:21 PM
Good luck to you and your O's

GO TIGERS

You should wear your Forestry Forum hat and get a picture.

I'll be very near the Sunday game. I'm stopping to see Pete on the way back from Paul Bunyan. When my Nephew found out, he sent me an invitation to join him at the Lion's game. His dad has season tickets, and my Niece told him to ask me to go in her place.  I'M GOING!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Enjoy the game Doc, I think your going to see some Great baseball. We caught a game last Tuesday, with David Price going 8 innings. Tigers won it with a walk off single by Cabrera in the bottom of the ninth.

I think it should be a good matchup and I'm looking forward to the Series.

Let's Go TIGER'S!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

NWP

Hmm. After watching an absolutely awesome comeback from the Royals last night, I'm going to the game against the Angels here in KC on Sunday. After we get done with the Angels, we're coming for either the O's or Tigers next.  ;D
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

WmFritz

I wish I had watched that game... 12 innings I think I heard today.

We're not fussy in Detroit. We don't care if we play The Royals or the Angels to win the pennant. ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

doctorb

Sorry, no hat picture.  My FF hat has been through a lot of lawn mowing and wood splitting and no longer has a "presentable appearance".  The O's smoked 'em 12-3.  What a game!  A real knuckle biter until the eighth inning.   
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WmFritz

Ugh... I was hoping to get to bed before you got home from the game doctorb.  ;D

I knew you'd see a good game tonight.
Never would've predicted that ugly eighth inning though.  dadgum you, Charlie!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

doctorb

Wow!  Another great game.  O's win it in the bottom of the 8th inning again.  I did not attend today's contest, but listened and watched when I could.  O's up 2-zip and the series returns to Detroit.  This town is really, really pumped over this team.

clww

Who do the Orioles play next? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thechknhwk

The tigers bullpen is a gas can.

beenthere

Quote from: thechknhwk on October 03, 2014, 08:22:28 PM
The tigers bullpen is a gas can.

Could mean "explosive" or "could disintegrate (blow up) any minute" or ...  ??    ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thechknhwk

explode, evaporate, disintegrate, implode, start on fire, u pick. >:(

navycanoe

gas can...I wouldn't use that saying.  You see, a gas can could be an invaluable tool, while that bullpen...not so much.  maybe for a little league game?  T-Ball maybe?? :) :)

beenthere

Giants and the Nats are making a long game of it... tied 1-1 in the 17th
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

Goodbye Detroit!  Hello ALCS!  Looks like KC Royals right now! 

GO O's

beenthere

Yes, KC looks untouchable..  Should be fun.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Sorry Doc, staying loyal to our division. K C deserves to get it. I hope they do!  I've had this undisclosed gut feeling all year, especially since the trade for Price, that the Tigers would not get there. They have a stacked deck for starting pitchers, but when it came to the bull pen, NADA.

WmFritz

As much as I love Alex Avilla, I'm afraid we will be shopping for a new catcher this winter too. He's been beat up so bad behind the plate the last few seasons, he can't afford any more concussions.

I give the Orioles a ton of credit.. they played solid. Our bullpen blew it. I liked that Detroit had so many games in our own division in September.  The Twins, Indians, White Sox And Royals all fought tough the last month.

I'm with Jeff and will cheer on KC. Not much of a fan of Nelson Cruz anyway.

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Jeff

Alex Avilla seems to be a genuine good guy. I've never saw a catcher get beat up as much as he did. I hope the tigers find a place for him in the organization outside of a player. He is a young man with a young family and he needs to take care of the rest of his life.

NWP

Quote from: beenthere on October 05, 2014, 10:43:10 PM
Yes, KC looks untouchable..  Should be fun.

The game here in KC last night was awesome. We were there. Baltimore, you're next.  ;)
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

NWP

How about those Royals?  8) 8)

beenthere

Nailbiter right up to the end.
south central Wisconsin

NWP

Royals keep using their brooms and sweeping.  8)

WmFritz

Congrats KC fans.

By the way... the Royals haven't lost a playoff game since 1985!
(cuz that's the last time they was in the playoffs)  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Thank You Sponsors!