iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood SkidLite

Started by Woulde, October 01, 2014, 02:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woulde

Hello,

I'm looking for a logging arch type of device to haul 6' to 8' logs up to 12" in diameter up hills at about a 15-20% grade.  I have an Arctic Cat Prowler.  Most of the logging arches I've seen are bigger than what I think need and could be difficult to maneuver through my trails.

I'm considering a Norwood SkidLite.  Seems to be the right size for my needs.

Does anybody have experience with this product or can give me alternate suggestions to similar sized arches?  I want something durable and well built that won't fall apart.

Thanks!

Ron

beenthere

Look close at the Logrite (sponsor on left) arch products of several sizes.  One should fit nicely for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woulde

Hi Beenthere,

I looked at the Logrite junior arch, but it does not appear capable of hitching to an ATV.  The others are too large.

John Mc

Yeah, I think you have to go up to a Buck Arch to get the ATV capability with the optional drop tongue attachment.

I suppose you could ask Logright about the possibility of making a drop tongue attachment to fit the Junior.  It might be a nice option for folks who don't need the capability for larger logs.

I have no experience with the Norwood skid lite. The small wheels would be a concern for me in my rough/rocky terrain. Not sure how well they'd work out.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

barniescamp

Their really easy to build also, just need axle stubs and maybe 16' of 2'' square tubing. ill post a pic of mine later on.

Woulde

FWIW, I bought a Norwood SkidMate arch.

Hoping to use it this weekend!

Thank You Sponsors!