iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some more questions about skidder clark 666

Started by furltech, September 30, 2014, 02:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furltech

I have been looking for a timberjack ,as that is what i am familiar with but in my travels i came across a clark 666 with a three speed power shift .i know absolutely nothing about these .when it says powershift i assume it is some sort of auto or hydraulic tranny .if it goes to pieces i assume it wont be user fixable .it has a detroit so i am ok with that for the most part .so i thought i would pick for the forums advice and insight once again .Before i get myself into a big snafu once again 8)

treeslayer2003

imo clark transmissions are about the toughest there is......i have not seen one go up. most problems with them can be attributed to the charge pump, converter, drive gear or the engine simply won't maintain stall speed because of poor tune.
i would rather have a clark power shift than any kind of manual.
it is a power shift........there is no valve body, you select the speed with your hand.
they are simple as far as most problems, you can fix a drive gear or pump problem.
when you go to look at it, watch the winch drive shaft. if its full of fluid and not freezing, it should start spinning shortly after start up.

nhlogga

I would buy a Clark over a tj any day. Much tougher and the Clark tranny and winch are second to none.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

BargeMonkey

Quote from: nhlogga on September 30, 2014, 06:44:17 PM
I would buy a Clark over a tj any day. Much tougher and the Clark tranny and winch are second to none.
Yeah but what if that TJ has a Clark trans, Cummins engine and a Deere winch.... then  youve got a skidder.

treeslayer2003

rather have the clark winch but its still good...........orange late model clark with eaton rears lol.

Thank You Sponsors!