iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Halloween toilet

Started by wildbill, September 29, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbill

last year i was asked to build a oversized sewer pipe for children to walk through for "spooktackular".  after all was said and done, candy to over 15000 kids in 4 hours my sewer pipe took first place as best trick or treat stop. (out of about 150ish)

this year management's idea is to have me build a giant toilet (i work at a wastewater plant for those that dont know).  today we had our "kick off meeting"  which i think means im allowed to start.  I measured a toilet and scaled up 3.5.  I tried to convince the powers that be to allow me to take a company truck to GA to get materials but they said i had to use what home depot had to offer. i guess a 1000 mile round trip is too far. (sorry Danny and Jake, i tried)

so 24 - 2"x3"x8' and 3 - 4'x8'x1/8" is what i have to frame with.  Chicken wire and white bed sheets to skin the thing and keep it lightweight is my plan.

i have the frame for the tank built (easy first to build confidence in myself :) ).  I am hoping to start the bowl section tomorrow.

I will also do my best to remember to take pictures as this thread is fairly worthless without them.
Raider Bill's favorite son

WDH

Once Halloween is over, Jeff can probably use it in the UP  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wildbill

a couple pix from today

This is the frame for the tank.  it will be covered in chicken wire and then white bed sheets.  we are hoping the chicken wire keeps the sheets in place.  to give an idea of size the piping is 12" ductile.  the flanges measure approx 19" wide

one of my co-workers decided to help with the labeling

make fun if you want but this marking this sheet of plywood is all i actually got done today.  it took me longer than it should have to remember how to draw an oval.  i only had about an hour today to pull wood out, make the marks and put things out of the way. 

thecfarm

It's a start. Going to have giant roll of toilet paper too?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wildbill

if there is time there was talk of a plunger.  i like the TP idea also

OneWithWood

Judging by the size of your 'waste pipes' I would say your toilet is undersized by a factor of a lot  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

wildbill

little update today:

cut out and stapled, glued and screwed the top and bottom together.

slow progress, but still progress :)

WDH

Looks almost ready to use!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

are you going to get a pet Elephant after Halloween is over?

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

wildbill

got back in the denitrification building for about an hour this afternoon.  I had 4 visitors to check my progress.  i managed to put together a frame to raise the "bowl" to its 4' height.  hopefully tomorrow i can add a little support to keep it rigid. 

WDH

When finished, that should work nicely for your Old Man. 

wildbill

not sure if the GPF would be enough for the Old Goat

Raider Bill

My butt isn't that big yet ;) ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

wildbill

tomorrow we decorate it.  my helper (Sarah) is 5'2", to give an idea of how large this this is.

Saturday is the event.  we will be passing out candy to about 15,000 children (if we have the same turnout as last year).  it is going to be a long day.

beenthere

So, it won't be filled with water with Sarah sitting above it for people to throw balls at a target that drops her into the "toilet" ?  Bummer.
She could then disappear and re-appear up out of the water closet tank. 
Or the other way around, fall into the tank and reappear out of the toilet.

You only have a few more days to work this out.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Fill it full of Baby Ruth's and let the kids reach in to get one.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

wildbill

The finished product just before the chaos began.

found out today we won first place.  since we won our dept director said he is taking us  to lunch.  those that worked the event that is.

we passed out approx 13,000 pieces of candy in 4 hours.  i managed to tell about 50% of the kids ages 1-17 that their name was "billy"

"come here billy, get some candy"
"hold your bag up billy"
"yes you, your name is billy, get over here"
"i dont care what your mom named you, today your name is billy.  i have the candy, my rules"

we had a good time :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Wonderful Bill.  Congratulations on a successful fun-filled event. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Somebody passes out candy,my name is Billy!!!!  Congrats on first place.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!