iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got It Narrowed Down To These 2 Mills

Started by Tree Dan, September 29, 2014, 06:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Dan

Norwood HD36 or the Woodmizer LT35HD
I like the Norwood for operating on the right hand side.
away from the dust.
I think I like the frame on the Woodmizer a bit more than the Norwood.
Im not sure on this but I think the Woodmizer is a lot easier to put together.
To me they look to be about the same size machine...what do you think?
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

woodmills1

I am pretty sure the woodmizer comes assembled.

I am on my second orange, I sold the first with over three thousand hours on it for what I paid for it with a few hundred hours.  It treated me well, the newer one treats me well, and the company treates me well.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tree Dan

That's good news if they do come put together.
I don't like the idea of spending 2 days to put a mill together, even though I like the HD36
would these 2 mill be considered to be in about the same bracket, if you know what I mean?
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

Hale87

I don't think those two mills are comparable. The WM is built a lot heavier than the Norwood seems to be? There's a reason why there's more WM mill owners on here than any other brand. You read long enough and you'll start to figure out why.  Good luck with your new mill. It's exciting regardless of which mill you purchase.
2002 LT40HD sawmill, WM single blade edger, 23hp Kubota tractor, 2011 Kawasaki Mule, 2002 Honda Foreman, 1983 Case 480D backhoe

Dave Shepard

LT35 is fully assembled. Start it up and saw.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tree Dan

Quote from: Dave Shepard on September 29, 2014, 08:35:41 PM
Wow I like that part.
I have been looking up in this neck of the woods for a used LT35 or the LT40.
There only 1 lt40 and its a 1997 a bit too old.
Woodmizers sale is preaty tempting on that HD35

Chuck White

Quote from: Tree Dan on September 29, 2014, 08:57:51 PM
Wow I like that part.

If it's an older model '97, it will still accept most of the upgrades, like Accuset for instance!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brad_S.

There is a lot to be said about spending time assembling the mill...you get to know it inside and out. You understand all the parts and how they work together making troubleshooting easier down the road.
Just because the majority of people own a certain brand does not mean it is the best. Think Beta vs. VCR. Think MAC vs. IBM. Think the emperors new clothes. ::)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Tree Dan

Quote from: Chuck White on September 30, 2014, 07:15:16 AM
Wow I like that part.

If it's an older model '97, it will still accept most of the upgrades, like Accuset for instance!

I just looked again at the lt40 It's a 96 ::)
The 35hd will suit me just fine, but if I find a orange 40 for a good price I will be all over it

Tree Dan

I need some advice on this one.
I can save near $10,000 by getting the LT35 instead of the 35HD.
The log deck pkg will still alow me to move the log around and get it lined up for cutting, maybe a bit slower...I don't need high production.

I have 2 skid steers with forks for loading.
The price for the hyd 35 is tough to pull the trigger on,
but the manual still has auto feed, up and down, plus super set included. 8)
I will still be portable....what do you think?
By the way sawing is a side job for me.

Thanks.
Dan

millwright

The log loader is only a small part. The turner, clamp and toe boards are worth the money

dgdrls

Quote from: Tree Dan on October 01, 2014, 09:57:55 AM
The log deck pkg will still alow me to move the log around and get it lined up for cutting, maybe a bit slower...I don't need high production.

Thanks.
Dan

Perhaps you want to go back around and recheck your decision process on the two mills
you boiled your decision down to?

Question how did you arrive at a 10K difference?  Base lt35 is listed at $15,200 and LT35 Hyd, is $19,500.

Just curious.

Best
DGDrls

Nomad

Tree Dan, I bet you're getting old enough that passing on the hydraulics will bite you in the long run.  (Speaking from experience, I might add.)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Tree Dan

Quote from: dgdrls on October 01, 2014, 06:03:20 PM
Quote from: Tree Dan on October 01, 2014, 09:57:55 AM

Thanks.
Dan

Perhaps you want to go back around and recheck your decision process on the two mills
you boiled your decision down to?

Question how did you arrive at a 10K difference?  Base lt35 is listed at $15,200 and LT35 Hyd, is $19,500.

Just curious.

Best
DGDrls

Yes Its the lt35 or the lt35hd
There is $6000 plus difference
This is the Canada wm site that Im looking at
If I could get that lt35hd for that price (US) it would be a done deal.

hackberry jake

I am a lot better at fixing things that aren't electrical. I would go for the mill that had less electronics and I would also look at what brand engines are available. Im kindof a honda guy.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Chuck White

Wow I like that part.

Sorry guys, I just caught this error, I meant to say the newest '97 models will accept most of the upgrades!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Robert Owens

You could also check out Cooks saw mills. The frame is 3x6 tubing and is very stout. I was able to customize mine when I ordered it. It took a few months for them to build it but well worth the wait. I love the mill. Just my 2 cents worth.

barbender

I think l the Norwood mills are a quality product, but I sure wouldn't want to have to assemble my new mill. If you're into that sort of thing, by all means go for it. You will get intimately aquainted with your mills construction, adjustments, and maintainence just in the normal course of sawing, however,  without putting together. I would also say sawing is much more enjoyable for me with hydraulics.
Too many irons in the fire

hunz

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 01, 2014, 08:43:02 PM
I am a lot better at fixing things that aren't electrical. I would go for the mill that had less electronics and I would also look at what brand engines are available. Im kindof a honda guy.

Says the Einstein who fabricated his own set works system for his mill.  ;D. If electrical is where you get troubled, I have lost all hope for becoming much of a mechanic myself  :D
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

dgdrls

TD,

Have you considered any other Canadian built
mills other than the Norwood?
You might find some cost savings
with equal or better features

DGDrls

Tree Dan

The only mills that are near my area are Norwood and Woodmizer.
Not sure where Cooks are.
Woodmizers is about a 3 hr drive...so I will save on delivery :new_year:
Plus they seem like good guys to deal with.
I may need to sell my old dodge truck that Im not using any more
to get the hyd model.
A big thing is resale the lt35hd would not take long to sell because there very few of them out there used.
For what I would use the mill for at this time I think the manual would be ok, but what happens if I pick up some saw jobs :)

CaptainBob

You might want to go to the specific FF forums for WM & NW to get better idea  on what kind of chatter is going on about the two vendors.

one thing that set me on WM, is the number of units in the field - i read somewhere that WM has ~40K units..

But Your decision on which vendor you pick can only be justified by your needs.

whatever works best for you, probably doesn't work for the next guy....but you have done the right thing to educate yourself and ask questions on FF.

my $.02

barbender

When you are talking manual stationary mills, such as the LT15, there are a lot of mills that are comparable in quality and features. It's when you go mobile that the WM LT40 frame that is shared by every mill from the LT28 to the LT40 really starts to shine, IMO.

blade69001

Wait, the 50 and 70 have a different frames?
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

Tree Dan

I hear good about NW and WM but wm has me sold on there heavy frame, superset and I don't need to put the saw together...I have built enough equipment in my time...I want to saw! ;D
Theres only 1 other mill in town and its a lt15...no mobiles around.
Got my eye back on the 35 HD

Dave Shepard

Quote from: blade69001 on October 02, 2014, 01:53:16 PM

The LT25 through LT70 have essentially the same frames, as far as I know.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

barbender

Quote from: blade69001 on October 02, 2014, 01:53:16 PM
Sorry, my phone auto corrected LT70 to LT40. Yes, I think the LT50 and LT70 share the same frame as the others.

hackberry jake

Quote from: hunz on October 01, 2014, 11:48:20 PM
Quote from: hackberry jake on October 01, 2014, 08:43:02 PM

Says the Einstein who fabricated his own set works system for his mill.  ;D. If electrical is where you get troubled, I have lost all hope for becoming much of a mechanic myself  :D

Sometime it is easier to build from scratch than it is to fix something that someone else built... especially if they used non-off-the-shelf parts.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Tree Dan

At one time I was going to build my own home brew mill.
But I want a mill that I don't need to mess with out in the bush or on a custom job.
I have to admit rolling in with a lt35hd with a couple of skid steers and a excavator is preaty impressive.
I sold a ton of gear that I don't use any more and that's going towards the sawmill.
I did the same with my track skid steer.....sold a ton of farm gear and bought it.

rooster 58

The 40 thru the 70 have the same frames. The 70, because of the head design, will only saw 20'2" long, compared to I think 21'6" on the other mills. Marty told me they wanted to keep the frames the same. Aggravating on the 70 when you're sawing a 20 footer :snowball:

Dave Shepard

LT40 has a capacity of 21', although you would have to take the rubber bumpers off of each end to do it. Even then I'm not so sure it actually has that much travel. I've been meaning to measure it some time. I tell people that 20'-6" is the max without the extension on, and even that requires exact placement.

Chuck White

FWIW, my opinion is:  If you're going mobile, go hydraulic!

Tree Dan

Quote from: Chuck White on October 03, 2014, 04:01:05 PM
FWIW, my opinion is:  If you're going mobile, go hydraulic!
Thanks Chuck...Yaa I think that's the way I'm headed now.
If I wasen't going mobile It would maybe get the lt15Wide
Its a lot of money for a new one, I do have my ears open for a used 35 or 40 just none around here.
Oh well.
I would be cutting maple and pine...what blades would I need?
And what about a cant hook? is there a good size and make to get?

Thanks for all the help on this guys! Much appreciated!

Dan

Dave Shepard

LogRite cant hooks and peaveys are the best. 8) I have a 60" and 30" hook. I run WM 10° bands for pine, and most other woods. 4° if frozen, hard or locust.

thechknhwk

Do yourself a favor and get the fine adjust outriggers installed from the factory or dealer, they will set you back an extra 3-500 if you figure it out after the fact.

Mike@Norwood

Hi Tree Dan

If I may....

I'd just like to point out that Norwood mills are sold in kit form, partially assembled, as well as fully assembled.

Excuse me for butting in fellas

Best of luck in your decision Tree Dan

Regards,
Mike at Norwood

Dave Shepard

Solomon

It's a shame Logmaster went out of buisness.   I have the LM4 .  Bought it new took delivery in January of 2008.   Very simple machine, nothing to go wrong, no electronics,  a simple setworks that works off light through fiber optic cables to a light sensor switch.  14 presets and its a simple steel plate with holes it reads.  You can make your own out of a piece of 1/8 inch steel.
It's built from commonly available parts that can be obtained in any industrial park,
trailer supply or fleet supply.
Other than regular maintence and replacing the drive belt to the hydraulic pump and changing guide bearingings and band blades, I have had absolutely NO issues or problems of any kind.
(except for operator error a couple of times).
Ed and Herman Gibson still call and send emails every so often just to stay in touch and always ask if I need any parts ect....
I may upgrade to a higher volume
hydraulic pump to speed it up a little but everything on it works like a champ with no issues.
  You could do a lot worse than finding yourself a used Logmaster.    No offense to all the sponser mill companys on this sight but I have to tell you , to say I am happy with my mill is a major understatement !

Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

rooster 58

I know of an Amishman that saws hemlock with a Logmaster. It's a very nice mill. The blade does not cut perpindicular to the log, it is off set about 10 degrees or so ;)

Solomon

Quote from: rooster 58 on October 06, 2014, 06:38:18 PM
I know of an Amishman that saws hemlock with a Logmaster. It's a very nice mill. The blade does not cut perpindicular to the log, it is off set about 10 degrees or so ;)
I wonder which model he has.
My unit is not off set.
If I were to buy another new mill,
as logmaster ceased operations , I think I would go with a Cooks Mill.
I think Wood Mizer builds a decent machine but they seem to be very proprietary.
Parts are pricey and you have to get your parts from them.
If they ever shut down you're out of luck.   
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

dboyt

Sorry to be jumping into this a bit late.  I've been up to the Paul Bunyan show in Ohio this last week.  I'm running an HD36 (no hydraulics) and would buy another if something happened to it.  Good solid machine.  I had no problem assembling it but, as Mike says, you can purchase it assembled from the factory.  You can also add any hydraulics at any point, so you could start out with power feed and head lift and add toe boards, log lift, & turner later when you need (or can afford) them.  The Norwood folks are friendly and very good with advice and service.  I'd say 30% of my milling is portable, and it is very easy to tow and set up.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

thecfarm

dboyt,I looked at Norwood and what I was impressed about if the mill was $20,000 with all the hyds and you brought a manual mill for 10,000 and than added the hyds one at a time,when you got done the price would still be 20,000.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thechknhwk

The LT35 is under 20 with hydraulics & setworks, ready to saw, just sayin.

thecfarm

Just so all will know,the $20,000 was just thrown out there. I could of said $12,000 too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

If somebody finds an LT70 Wide Head Wireless for $50.00, somebody send me a PM. :D

thecfarm

If I find one,I will be too busy sawing to send you a PM.  :D

thechknhwk

12,399 for all the hydraulic options & power feed & the mill is on sale right now for 7897 for the 23hp & ya need the trailer package 1767, & you have to buy the 4' bed extension for 467 so you can saw 3' less than the LT35.  Grand total 22530, and no electronic set works.  You can cut a 28" slab compared to a 22.5 tho, and take a 36" log compared to a 32".  Or you can get into the LT35 for 19,495 with a 25hp kohler ready 2 saw.

http://www.norwoodsawmills.com/sites/norwood/files/price-list-english.pdf

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Tree Dan.  I wish you the best with your decision, and remember that "bells and whistles" options are there for more than just making noise.  If higher production is in your future, then consider them carefully.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Dan

Making a trip to Orange County real soon.
The Wood Mizer saw will be best suited for my needs.
I may just come back home with a little more weight on the trailer hitch.
Speaking of hitch's what size trailer coupler is on the WM?

How do you cut cookies? I bet it's a homemade jig?

Thanks guys

Dave Shepard

I think my LT40 has a 2" ball. I think it would be best to build a homemade jig for cookie cutting. I would be afraid of ripping the block out of the factory clamp. You could screw through a 1" board into the bottom of the block and clamp the board onto the bed. I'm sure there are more ways of doing it.

Tree Dan

Quote from: Magicman on October 07, 2014, 11:06:40 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Tree Dan.  I wish you the best with your decision, and remember that "bells and whistles" options are there for more than just making noise.  If higher production is in your future, then consider them carefully.
Thanks Magicman! The boys have been giving me some good tips here...I'm learning a lot.
Dan

terrifictimbersllc

Use an 8' board s a fence, set the log on end on another spanning the bunks, and clamp the log hard against the fence.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

thechknhwk

The 35 is a 2" ball as well since I believe the frame is the same as the 40/50.  Don't know if the 70 has a bigger coupler or not.

hackberry jake

Quote from: Dave Shepard on October 07, 2014, 08:04:59 PM
If somebody finds an LT70 Wide Head Wireless for $50.00, somebody send me a PM. :D
I almost sent you a PM, but then I realized it wasn't wireless.

Tree Dan

Looks like i'm trying out a almost new wm35 tomorrow 8)
Its a 4hr trip, but I may head out near midnight, because I wont sleep tonight. :o
I will be posting my first picture on here I hope soon and many more once I get In the grove of milling.

I spoke to a friend today and he's got about 300 mixed pine to take down///Jack pine, white pine and red pine.
Im not sure what pine is more desireable or if it realy matters.

I may also have a dead black cherry comming in, that may be interesting to see whats inside.

thecfarm

Get the mill,than we will tell you about the pine.  :D

Dave Shepard

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 08, 2014, 11:48:51 PM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on October 07, 2014, 08:04:59 PM
I almost sent you a PM, but then I realized it wasn't wireless.

No wireless is a dealbreaker. I can't walk and turn knobs at the same time. :D

Magicman

QuoteI spoke to a friend today and he's got about 300 mixed pine to take down
300 trees !!!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tree Dan

Done deal WM 35hd...10 hrs on it :) :new_year:
I will get some pictures up soon

barbender

Awesome 8) Did the previous owner figure out that a sawmill is harder work than expected?

Magicman

That's funny.  The previous owner of my sawmill did.  He sawed for two years and had it "For Sale" for a year and was still making monthly notes on it.  He was happy that I came along.  (I was too.)   ;D

Tree Dan

It was a demo machine 10 hr's on it. :o
I did the training at WM took a good part of the day.
They go through the mill with you from front to back, then you saw logs..
I milled my first Norway maple back home here today.
I'm taking it easy, and getting use to the controls, as you all know there's a bit of a learning curve to running a mill and I don't want to saw into any steel :)
Ok lets see some pictures!....Ok I will work on this....Pics are in my gallery
Maybe I don't have enough posts yet to post photos?
Dan

thecfarm

Tree Dan,you are close. Does not matter on how many posts. Just need to scroll down. Here's the whole thing.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed

Tree Dan

Quote from: thecfarm on October 11, 2014, 04:28:02 PM
Tree Dan,you are close. Does not matter on how many posts. Just need to scroll down. Here's the whole thing.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed
Hmmmm Im getting a message no key words  maybe I need to reboot I will try that...thanks for the help

Tree Dan

Great Thanks for the help on the pictures, the cut and paste is working for me. Here's some more from today.

thechknhwk

Congrats on the LT35.  It's a great mill.

Nomad

Contrats on posting the pics too.  Some people find that challenging.  Good for you!!!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

Tree Dan, are you growing your own trees for future sawing??   :D

Tree Dan

Quote from: Magicman on October 11, 2014, 09:07:18 PM
Tree Dan, are you growing your own trees for future sawing??   :D

Yupers, I though I better keep the supply rolling just in case I run out :D

Thanks all for chiming in, Im sure there are a lot of great mills out there on the market, but wood mizer is near by...Thanks again!
Cheers...
Dan

downsouth

Congrats tree dan on the new mill.
  I just got my new lt35hyd a month or two ago. You will love it.

hunz

Quote from: Solomon on October 06, 2014, 08:29:57 PM
Quote from: rooster 58 on October 06, 2014, 06:38:18 PM
I wonder which model he has.
My unit is not off set.
If I were to buy another new mill,
as logmaster ceased operations , I think I would go with a Cooks Mill.
I think Wood Mizer builds a decent machine but they seem to be very proprietary.
If they ever shut down you're out of luck.

Not trying to start a brand war. Sometimes you have to use the same logic that applies to everything you buy. Would you not buy a Ford just because only Ford Motorcraft makes(halfway decent anyway) replacement parts? Heaven forbid they go out of business right? No not really, you buy a piece of equipment because of the company's reputation to deliver a quality product, and the likelihood of the company being in operation for the life of the equipment you buy.....

With that said, I think my Woodmizer has a better shot of its manufacturer staying in business another 50 years compared to any other portable band mill manufacturer on the market.

The small ones fall in a tough economy, its just the way things are. People gravitate to what they think is tried and true, and stood the test of time. I'm sure log master made a jam up mill. I actually eyed one for quite a while.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

47sawdust

Rooster-
I believe the mill you are referring to may be a Lumbermaster amish made mill.The Logmaster mills do not cut at an angle.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

gimpy

> I think Wood Mizer builds a decent machine but they seem to be very proprietary.

They have fairly standard parts overall. There are only a few parts that are only available from Wood-Mizer.

> With that said, I think my Woodmizer has a better shot of its manufacturer staying in business another 50 years compared to any other portable band mill manufacturer on the market.

I recently bought a used LT40 over other choices mostly because I lack a fear that they won't be around over my lifetime. Plus, once you ask them for any type of help or training, I can't imagine considering any other rig.

Just my two cents.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Tree Dan

Yaa I'm very happy with the 35hd...no regrets that's for sure.
Im glad some of the members told me to go for the HD...Big time saver and saves my body and good looks ;D
Now I need to build a steel slab rack, cookie holder, and a roller table for sliding the boards off the mill.

woodweasel

I had the lt35 manual with the deck package I wish I would have got the hydraulic soon as I can get my ducks in a row I'm going to sell mine and get the hydraulic I say go for the hydraulic even if it's a part-time venture

Thank You Sponsors!