iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

connection to hot tub

Started by xlogger, September 29, 2014, 06:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

This past week my hot tub connection will not get up to temp. I've got all parts that my CB 5036 dealer sold me for the hookup. It's been doing fine for about 3 years till this past week. Not sure where to start looking or replacing parts. Has anyone here had the same problem with their hookups? With the system cut off the tub stays at 90° and when I plug it up its goes up a few degrees. Would like to trouble shoot before start replacing parts.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

beenthere

Can you explain a bit about how you think this system is supposed to work, as that would help trouble shooting from afar.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jfaulring

what style heat exchanger are you using?  I had an issue last year with my plate exchanger that I use for my domestic hot water last winter; the mineral build up had gotten so bad there was hardly any flow through it.  I ended up putting in some isolation valves and built a little recirculating system to pump some CLR through it for a day which cleared the problem right up.

xlogger

I have the setup that CB has on their website. It's either one of three things I think, the 24 volt transformer, 3 way zone valve or Aquastat. It started not working correct last week after a heavy rain storm we had here. Should on not had anything to do with that. Really hope the heat exchanger didn't clog up. If it did it happen all at one time. I might call my dealer if he's still in business but not sure he knows a lot about it. Last time I had a problem and called CB they wanted me to talk to the dealer. I'm off work this week and it seem everything is falling apart, I've not had time to work on it yet and it rain all day yesterday.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

xlogger

I've been pretty busy and got to look at the hot tub again today. It's air in my lines. But still can not get it out. I crack a fitting out of the heat exchanger at the hot tub and when I leave it dripping it runs water threw it fine. As soon as I tighten the fitting back up it stop working. So I went down to the return manifold in the basement and tried to bleed it there with no luck. If I cut off the water to the tub it bleeds fine and water comes out like it should. But if I cut the water back on the hot tug  and open the valve on the manifold it drips out slow. I've probably drip out 3 or 4 gallons of water doing this with no luck. Any ideas? My dealer has a second job and is not good at getting back to me with help.

beenthere

In my house hydronic heat system, the only way to get the trapped air out is to hook to the house plumbing at 50 psi and open the line at the other end and push the air out. A gallon or two will do it.

That or hope the air is trapped in a section of run that has an air bleeder. Usually the air bleeding doesn't do the trick.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

xlogger

My dealer called later last night and thinks that my flat heat exchanger is stopped up. So I'll take it off and soak it in vinegar and see if that works. I do like the idea of running water threw the line from the house water to flush out air. I have a connection on my intake manifold and return manifold, so maybe I could use a hose that has two female ends like off washing machine and hook it up.

Thank You Sponsors!