iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

346xp throttle stuck on??

Started by nctacoma, September 28, 2014, 09:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctacoma

So here is an interesting one.
Was cutting firewood about 1/4 mile from my house down one of our woods roads. Got the  bar of my 346 pinched. Put a wedge in the cut and pounded it in a bit and pulled the saw out. Went to restart the saw and it is running full throttle/wide open. I throw the brake on it to stop the chain but the throttle was still screaming against the brake.  So I turned off the saw.
What the heck did I break?  Saw wasn't dropped or damaged, just had the bar pinched for about 45 seconds.
I restarted the saw And same deal.

Any ideas what I can start looking at?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

Is your throttle return spring broken? I had that happen once on a 365 I was just limbing the last tree of the twitch it went WO and wouldn't come back I took the top cover and filter off and that was the problem
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

SawTroll

If you pulled on it, and ripped a seal or the intake, there may be a massive air leak
Information collector.

ehp

put the throttle linkage back in its place in your throttle handle which is part of the gas tank , you have pulled on it and pulled it out of its place

Al_Smith

If you tore the intake boot that thing will run at about half throttle with the butter fly completely closed .Sounds crazy but it will .

huskyxp

What EHP said! It's a square grey plastic end on linkage, done it many times myself  :)

Hitchcock Woods

Quote from: ehp on September 29, 2014, 07:32:22 PM
put the throttle linkage back in its place in your throttle handle which is part of the gas tank , you have pulled on it and pulled it out of its place
I concur doctor  :)
Chain Saws         Vehicles            LogSplitter
MS 192TC          6100D x2     TimberWolf TW3
MS 391               L2800
MS 441              HPX Gator
346XP           Honda4x4 Rancher
372XP              4x4 Frontier
HT 101 x2
MS 311

nctacoma

Ding ding ding,  you guys were right, was the plastic plunger piece that goes into the trigger. It had popped out and was hitting the body of the handle, this forcing it into the always on position. Glad it was a 30 second fix.

Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!