iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some weird Crap!

Started by Jeff, September 28, 2014, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This is some weird crap! Literally!. This old pile of Harley crap in the yard seems to be growing a new Harley. This "hair" is definitely growing.  I'm thinking up a name for him!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mad murdock

Some kind of alien mold or fungus?  That is really weird.  :o
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

sandhills

Ianab

We watched the movie Prometheus last night.

After that I wouldn't want to wake up to that sort of alien slime...   :o :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff...rub it on your beard and you will win the contest. Your beard will be longer in no time. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

What have you been feeding that dog?
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Shotgun

Quote from: 21incher on September 28, 2014, 06:48:28 PM
What have you been feeding that dog?

The same he (Jeff) has been putting on his beard.   :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Bill Gaiche

Jeff needs to be eating what Harley eats to get the big beard.win. bg

barbender

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 28, 2014, 05:48:37 PM
Jeff...rub it on your beard and you will win the contest. Your beard will be longer in no time. :)
:D :D :D
Too many irons in the fire

Warbird

Good things dogs can't talk.  It'd be awkward to try and explain to that pup when he's older that his daddy was just a pile of poo!

island boy

Most Likely Phycomyces blakesleeanus, a fungus. It doesn't do much except grow on poop and other rotting stuff. It's pretty much harmless. Those hairs it makes are its sporangiophores, each of which holds a tiny sphere full of spores.
I see a lot of it at the bottom of bird feeders growing on all the bird droppings

itzallbtu

This is a great forum!  Educational and entertaining.  When I read the first post, I somehow thought it was going to be motorcycle related...who'd of thunk it was going to be about sporangiophores!

Keep it going all!

b

Jeff

I hate to say it, but there was a terrible terrible lawn mower incident today. :-\

WmFritz

Quote from: Jeff on September 29, 2014, 10:54:49 PM
I hate to say it, but there was a terrible terrible lawn mower incident today. :-\

I hope it didn't involve your chin whiskers getting tangled in the blades.  ??? ???
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Warbird

That's tragic news.  I guess....  the crap hit the fan?

drobertson

Not sure what a proper name would, or could be,, hemmi-harv  sounds like a suitable temporary name till the paper work is finished.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

I think this subject is quite putrid and should move to restricted topics. :( :snowball:

;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

21incher

Well some weird fungus was growing in my mulch last week. EDITED About 6 inches tall.

And they stink. You can smell them from 10 feet away. They were under our bedroom window and the smell was so bad I had to dig them up and toss them in the woods. I have no idea what they were. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

JohnM

Quote from: 21incher on October 11, 2014, 02:38:45 PM
Well some weird fungus was growing in my mulch last week. It looks like they EDITED. About 6 inches tall.

And they stink. You can smell them from 10 feet away. They were under our bedroom window and the smell was so bad I had to dig them up and toss them in the woods. I have no idea what they were. :)
No comment.  Zero.  None.   no_no   :-X
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Jeff

Well, I have. Not necessary.

21incher

Sorry Jeff. I just looked it up and it is called a common stinkhorn mushroom and the seeds must have come in the bags of mulch I purchased. I thought it may have grown from animal do in the mulch.  :-[

mesquite buckeye

Phallus impudicus FYI. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: ::)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!