iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailer package?

Started by Bigsticks, September 28, 2014, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsticks

Hey boys, I have been at it for maybe 6 months now, and when I'm at my "real" job, all I think about is cutting! My grandpa papa did tell me it gets in your blood, guess the old man is right! Anyway, the 50 I bought was set up stationary, the axle that came with was sent off to a new home before I got the mill and i was okay with that thinking I wouldn't want to be portable. Well, I guess you know where we're going. I've searched sell ads here and archives about what axle would work, someone selling one, ect. What length axle, and does anyone have one to sell?, and anything else I need to look at before I venture down this trail. I know I'll need adjustable outriggers and I think I can modify the existing ones fairly easily. Also, I'll put you boys some pics up when I master that! Thanks
Browning Sawmill~Woodmizer LT50 super hydraulic

Peter Drouin

Easy, Call Wood Mizer and order one.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

wetdog

Is your current set up electric? I am thinking of making my portable 40 a stationary unit.

Bigsticks

It has a 51 diesel. Two days ago, earl from woodmizer ga was out doing an alignment with me and he said someone would have one since everybody now gets an axle with a mill
Browning Sawmill~Woodmizer LT50 super hydraulic

beenthere

Put up something in the "wanted" section. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kelLOGg

I added a lot to my mill which eventually required a new axle because of a bend. I chose to buy a schedule 80 pipe and had a machine shop bore it out to receive the spindles. A lot less expensive then a "real" axle.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!