iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crazy raod accident.

Started by Ianab, September 26, 2014, 06:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

From the local news.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10552327/Bus-crash-with-tanker-terrifying-close-call

QuoteAs the bus carrying 17 Cheviot Area School pupils moved forward on to State Highway 1 from McQueen Rd, it collided with a milk tanker.

The crash flung the bus door open and Makayla and the driver tumbled on to a road bustling with after-school traffic.

With its accelerator jammed, the driverless bus circled three times at the intersection, at one point travelling on its two outside wheels, witnesses say.

"My mother's friend was right there and pulled Makayla off the road before the bus came right back at her. If she hadn't been moved, it could have been a different outcome," Makayla's mother, Kate Eades, told The Press.

The bus continued on its path, wiping out a 4-wheel-drive, before its wheels straightened and began heading north with Ariana and other pupils on board.

Screams could be heard from inside the bus, as the children picked one another up from the floor. They were powerless to determine what happened next.

The bus glanced off a campervan, before coming to a rest about 75 metres up the road when it collided with the rear of the slowing milk tanker.

No serious injuries after all that.  :o
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Den Socling

I believe that the kids should be wearing seatbelts.

timberlinetree

Glad everyone is OK! Wow that was a weird one!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!