iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your Pictures on Cookies

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 25, 2014, 09:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Worked on this last night and this morning.
It takes a minimum of 8 hours to transfer the picture. But that happens while you sleep.

You can print and use any picture as long as you print it on thin copy paper.....not photo mat.

I plan on doing some pics of my sons first fish and Deer when he was younger.
You can put pics of your family, animals, houses, Barns.....your imagination is unlimited!

This is my first one and I added limbs and some fall colors to give it a 3- D look.
Heck....transfer a pick of your old barn and build a fence in front of to out of sticks.....it'll look great.
Put your old truck on wood!

Hopefully my imagination will get better and I will post more pics later.

This Deer pic will look good on a cabin wall.  :) Looks really antique.
I'd like to take some Elm coasters and put pics of my Grand Parents on them.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pineywoods

Awrite Poston, you definitely got my attention. How u do dat ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pineywoods on September 25, 2014, 09:48:24 AM
Awrite Poston, you definitely got my attention. How u do dat ?

Please send $300.00 to my Pay Pal account. I will PM you with the instructions.  :D :D :D

(  :D Just playing with you Piney......I'l post the video.....give me a minute. )

*********HERE'S THE INSTRUCTIONS*************

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRDU1kAq7Is

goose63

Hay poston where do you get the stuff she was talking a bought?
I know $300 and you will tell me ha ha
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: goose63 on September 25, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
Hay poston where do you get the stuff she was talking a bought?
I know $300 and you will tell me ha ha

I got it at Hobby Lobby.

goose63

Thanks got some old pictures of the folks. just gotta try this
goose

Jeff

40 years ago they called it "Hodge-Podge"  I used what is now called Modge-podge to glue a puzzle I restored together.

http://youtu.be/PWoMFUc8RH0
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mrector

Wow what a great idea! Not to mention little kayli is for sure EASY ON THE EYES!
:)
Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

mrector

And I, like Jeff stated, used some of this stuff on a puzzle we put together years ago. Bought it at wal mart.
Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

clww

That's not your picture. It's a deer. ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

Quote from: clww on September 25, 2014, 01:38:59 PM

Right!!!  If it was his picture, it would be a Goat, not a Deer.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WmFritz on September 25, 2014, 04:28:52 PM

You tell 'em Bill!  :D

goose63

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 25, 2014, 05:43:17 PM
Quote from: WmFritz on September 25, 2014, 04:28:52 PM

You tell 'em Bill!  :D
with lip stick?
goose

VT_Forestry

I'd tried several years ago to put a picture on a cookie using one of those fancy iron-on t-shirt transfer thingys...let's just say the results were not pretty  :D  Definitely gonna try this one, looks easy enough and no way for me to burn anything!
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A set of these can be used as coasters of tree ornaments.
Its a dried Elm cookie. I really should have used the other side because of a dark spot showing up on the guys chin....but I can fix it.  ;D

WDH

When you get through with that, get those dishes washed. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

I am surprised the wife lets him play before the chores are done. bg

Red Clay Hound

Cool idea David.  One question...  Do you use elm cookies because they are less likely to crack?  My niece is getting married next year and she wants me to make her some cookies to put table center-pieces on.  I've never made cookies so I'd be interested to find out the best species and drying technique to keep them from cracking.
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on September 26, 2014, 09:54:44 PM
Cool idea David.  One question...  Do you use elm cookies because they are less likely to crack?  My niece is getting married next year and she wants me to make her some cookies to put table center-pieces on.  I've never made cookies so I'd be interested to find out the best species and drying technique to keep them from cracking.

I have lots of Elm limbs that are dry. I just saw them and save them in a 4 foot section. Now that they are dry...the cookies won't crack when I saw them off with the miter saw.
But if someone wants a bigger piece of Elm that I don't have......we will wait to the day before a wedding or what ever and saw fresh Elm to the diameter they want. The cookie won't crack for a while and will look nice during the festivities the next day.

Putting the pictures on wood.......you really need a lighter grain wood so the pic will show up better. Elm work good....have not tried any other light colored wood YET.

Danny....the dishes are done.  8)

Clark

Do you like Kayli or Martha Stewart better?

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

Stephen1

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on September 26, 2014, 09:54:44 PM
I used birch for the center pieces and drink coasters for my daughters weeding.  I cut them fresh about 2-4 days before, that allowed them to dry enough. I just clamped the logs standing up in the mill and sawed them down, smooth and square. The center pieces were made from 8in logs,  I leaned them in the clamp, and then had oblong center pieces
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

I used this technique yesterday to make something at the request of my Son for him and his Dart pals. They had a box they called the S*** Shot Pot.  If you don't meet a certain standard on your dart turn, you have to put a quarter in the box. At the end of a certain set period, the best flinger (my word) wins the pot. Well, the old box broke a hinge. They had it crudely decorated. They wanted me to fix the box. Instead, Tammy found a wooden box at the thrift store for 50 cents.  I found a picture of a little weird looking dude ready to throw a dart to put on the top. I decided that wasn't enough, so I got a short list of names from Jeremy, went to their facebook pages and got photos to see what they looked like, and then used those to creat a group of characters to go with the little weird looking guy.  They really like it.  They had the added surprise upon opening the box, of the $100 bill picture laminated in the bottom. It looks pretty real at first glance. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

sandhills

Your creativity knows no bounds!  That's neat Jeff.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sandhills on September 27, 2014, 07:28:39 PM
Your creativity knows no bounds!  That's neat Jeff.

I like the 100 dollar bill.... :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!