iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Automated Twin blade sawmill build.

Started by CaseyK, September 24, 2014, 10:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnaz

Quote from: Lakehouse2012 on June 12, 2016, 10:29:38 AM
Bumping this topic, I'm new to the forum and hoping Casey is ready to put that highly sought-after video up...
Welcome to the forum, and another bump for the video.

Terry

Magicman

Hello Lakehouse2012, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

larrydown60

I have also been waiting to see the video. I haven't seen anything about this build in a while

Lakehouse2012

Thanks Magicman, I've so much to learn and looking forward to it...

Quote from: Magicman on June 12, 2016, 01:57:09 PM
Hello Lakehouse2012, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
I'll be building a mill this fall, I have my wife's approval so I am going for it!!

pineywoods

CaseyK has not been on here in over a month. He works off-shore drilling, so hope he's just stuck on a rig that has no internet access.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

CaseyK

Hi Fellas,
  Its amazing how long some things take to get done. I built my mill and shop on my inherited land that we havent subdivided yet and since it hasnt been divided yet i decided not to run my mill until i did get it all in my name for liability purposes. The surveyor only took 6 months to get his part done and the lawyer has took 2 months but hopefully when i get back from singapore this week the paperwork will be ready for signatures.
  Its only going to be 2 weeks home but im hoping to get some of the hydraulic stuff figured out and purchased while im home this hitch and run a few logs thru the mill & make that video i promised.
Home built automated twin blade

Ox

Good to hear from ya!  It's amazing that when you want something from these people they can take all the time in the world but if they want something from you, 2 weeks is all you have.  Good luck to you.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

pineywoods

Welcome back Casey. I was beginning to wonder if I should drop by to check on you. Tried calling a couple of times, but nobody home..You missed a visit from arnold113. He's built a fully automated band mill..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

CaseyK

Got home for just a few days then had to go to lafayette for a 3 day class but i did get to tach weld up my log loader to be placed in front of the infeed deck before i left. Hoping to get the cylinder lengths figured out tonight and order them, the pump, and valves from surplus center so that i can maybe get the system test ran before i go back offshore.

tnaz

CaseyK, you need to slow down and enjoy life a little.   :D :laugh:

CaseyK

CaseyK

caveman

CaseyK, it looks like some repurposed gas line has been incorporated into your mill build.  I am anxious to see it operate.
Caveman

CaseyK

tnaz

CaseyK

Tnaz, i get plenty of rest on the rig so when im home its go go go with the family and my projects.
I got the hyd cylinders, vane pump,  3 spool valve, love joy couplings, and motor to pump mounting bracket ordered today and looped by HF and picked up a 13hp predator gas engine.
Picked up the log loader frame from my buddies house and some additional metal for the additional  fabrications.

CaseyK

Got the pieces cut out for the infeed deck to saw deck kicker today and ordered 95% of the hydraulic hoses and adapters. I priced the exact same 2 wire 4000 psi hoses at a local hyd store and they were 3 times higher than S.C. so i ordered everything from S.C. the first order should be in tuesday and the remainder in thursday.

CaseyK

Got the hyd system hooked up and tbe loader and unloader positioned and welded so i had to start the engine and give it a dry run. Everything worked as expected. Just got to let the cement finish setting up and weld out the braces. Tomorrow is the last day of the short hitch home before leaving sunday but hope to give it a try

tnaz

Pictures? Sounds like your kickin but...

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

fishfighter

We need a video of this beast in action. ;D

CaseyK

Didnt get to work on it today, had to tie up all the loose ends and spend the rest of the day with the family. Headed over the big pond tomorrow but will get back on the project in 4 weeks.

tnaz

Be safe over there; don't take any sand Dallors! ;D

CaseyK

CaseyK

I will get a video of it cutting this evening

Thank You Sponsors!