iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doctors

Started by Howdy, September 23, 2014, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howdy

So I just got back from the Doctor's office.
He has been looking me over trying to see if
he can identify whats wrong with me.

Two CT scans, four office visits, medications,
and he says:

" There's something wrong with
you, but I don't know what it is."

My wife has a long list she could have given him,
and saved me a lot of money and time.

BradMarks

Howdy:  humor is good. I'll bet your wife's list isn't all medical!  At least your doctor did not MISdiagnos you ???.  It took my father 5 yrs of visits and such to finally have a correct diagnosis of MS (In 1959). Of course, not many were familiar with it at that time, so he was misdiagnosed a bunch, even one "it's all in your head".

Texas Ranger

A good friend of ours was diagnosed with scleroderma after years of misdiagnoses and bad guesses. Found the one doctor in Houston who knew what it was, and began treatment.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

red

My Dr is just practicing
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

pine

Had the same issue back in 2003 and the Docs had no idea for an extended time.  Co-worker finally made the diagnoses (after lots of research) which the Docs then confirmed. 
What kind of symptoms?

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

doctorb

Would you rather he didn't?  :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

doctorb

On a more serious note, MS and scleroderma are among the most difficult diseases to diagnose, especially in the early stages of these long term afflictions.  It's not like the diagnosis of the flu or high blood pressure.  These diseases, and many others, have subtle findings that are commonly seen in many other disease presentations, and there is often no blood or X-ray test that confirms the diagnosis.  MS has been called "the Great Masquerader".  I do understand the frustration of having a significantly delayed diagnosis.  I truly do.  But usually, those diseases that are delayed in diagnosis have a long history of being difficult to pinpoint, sometimes even in the best of hands.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

DanG

I guess Doctorin' is a bit like sawmillin'.  If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it.  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

DocB, yep, our friend was able to find a doc that knew about scleroderma, we learned a lot about it while helping our friend (she passed) in her latter years.  Maybe 300,000 cases know, or rather, identified as such.  No money there for research on that number, consequently not a well noted disease.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

red oaks lumber

its been a 1 1/2 yr to get my correct diagnois. tests and tests oh then some more tests, along with huge amounts of blood drawn, something like 70 some vials. neck injections, ct scans mri's, ekg, echo cardiagram, ultra sounds, x rays. drugs lots of drugs,trial and error. e.r. vistits for reactions to drugs ugh! :) finally i asked to test me for psoriatic arthrist .ding ding we have a winner!! :D finally after losing a 1 1/2 yrs. of my life i'm starting to recover.
the nurse always asks "on a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate your pain today?" my answer was always 8, the nurse would kinda laugh thinking i was kidding.my answer was do you see me smiling? no i just built a higher tolerance to pain.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

gologit

In every medical school somebody always finishes last in their class.  Every school, every class, every year somebody barely squeaks through.

I think about that a lot when I have to go to our local Docs-in-a-Box.
Semi-retired...life is good.

Thank You Sponsors!