iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Silver dollar city visit.

Started by hackberry jake, September 22, 2014, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

The wife and I went to silver dollar city for our one year anniversary. I just thought I would share some pictures of the woodworking stuff. To an untrained eye, they were doing woodworking jjst like they did 100 years ago, but I saw more modern machines coved up with tarps like a shop fox planer and a delta power feeder. About half of the stuff in the wood carving building was done with a cnc router or laser engraver, but it was all still pretty neat.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

scsmith42

Very cool Jake!  I like the photo with all of the line shafts in it.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

AK Newbie

Looks like a place I could spend some serious time in!  Thanks for sharing the pics!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

AK Newbie

Looks like a place I could spend some serious time in!  Thanks for sharing the pics!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

jueston

from a marketing standpoint, its interesting that they don't put the modern equipment in another room or another building, so that woodworkers like us don't see them.

really cool stuff though, i'd like to see that with everything up and running....

21incher

Thanks for sharing the great pics. What did they use to run the overhead shafts?
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

hackberry jake

I couldn't tell what was powering them, so they probably had an electric motor somewhere. They also had a lathe booth set up where the lathes were powered off of a small steam engine. Im pretty sure the boiler was electric.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ozarkgem

That would make a cool house. A flat belt driven ceiling fan. Flat belt drive on the washing machine. Lots of possibility's.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!