iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cs 590

Started by ed in idaho, September 20, 2014, 05:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed in idaho

have been thinking of getting one. wondering how easily they start ? does the compression release cause them to flood?

Ed

luvmexfood

Ed. I have had mine for 2 or 3 weeks. Mainly using it for falling logs and some bucking of larger logs. For limbing I usually pickup my Stihl 170. Just so much lighter. Did that even when I was falling with my Stihl 029. At the end of the day it does make a difference.

I am nothing but impressed with the 590. I have cut some pretty big hard maple with it. Thirty-four inches at the butt cut and it handled it good. Put it in a poplar of that size and it will solid cut. The hard maple did dull the chain fairly quick.

Only time I have flooded mine was when I tried to start and forgot to turn the switch on. If you will look back on the forum as I did you will see that most people that have purchased are pleased.

Right now I think they are the best saw out there for the money. I only cut timber small time but it has really sped up my falling time.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Hammerheadc4

I picked up a used CS-600P a couple weeks ago.
Seems like it's been 4 to 6 pulls when cold and 1 to 2 pulls after it's warmed up.
And it pulls over pretty easy.
Have not flooded mine yet.
I ran a tank of gas through it today. I'm pretty impressed with it.
Massey GC 1710
Cub Cadet LT1320
Cub Cadet GT2542

Craftsman 358.355061
Homelite 330
Stihl MS-180C
Stihl MS-270
Echo CS-600P
Echo PPT-280
Dolmar PS-421

Thank You Sponsors!