iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 540D?

Started by MT logger, September 20, 2014, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT logger

Any pros or cons would be great its a 1990 grapple machine I'm looking at. Thanks

BargeMonkey

4-276 engine. Tough machines. Ive got a 440D, my cousin has a  540D and I wouldnt  doubt hes pulled 5-6 million bft with his. Couple guys on here have a grapple version, I seen about 4 variations. 23.1- 28L tires ?

Decked

The D series was Deere's 540 shiniest moment..I loved mine..

MT logger

I don't have any info yet I see one on craigs list and called but have not got a return. Thanks for the info. Are they stable? I used to have a 240A TJ and wish I still had it but I'm looking at all.

BargeMonkey

Depends on the rubber. 28L are probably your best bet with having a grapple. Swing grapple ? Depends what kinda volume you wanna put out, they didnt burn much fuel and the parts are out there for them. Ive seen some D series machines with 30k plus hours.

cutter88

D series in my opinion is john deeres finest years i have a 640d and love it, a very strong tough machine iv never owned a 540d but herd they are an excellent machine
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

MT logger

My mistake it's a 548D if that's much difference.  The guy still hasn't called me back maybe sold.

Thank You Sponsors!