iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My morning

Started by Woodboogah, September 20, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

Only had a few hours this morning due to prior plans.  The morning was a nice and crisp 33.  Here is a shot of some pine getting layed down.   

Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

that one pine looks like the cherry im cutting :laugh:

Woodboogah

Our cherry on the East side of the state does not know how to grow straight.  We have three on our property that are nice and straight to about 30' and a bunch of sapling that I hope take off and do the same.  Other then that they are good firewood!  I love the smell of fresh cut cherry!

jwilly3879

Hare it when the butt log looks like that one. Some of ours clean up, at least to a small bad center which the mill will take. Worse is when the butt looks clear and then you cut a 16'r and it is red rotted. All part of the game I guess. The lot we are on has good sections of pine and other sections have beautiful looking trees but turn out to be really nice straight pulp.

Woodboogah

Everytime I drove by that pine I was saying wow that is a nice tree.  Finally time for it to hit the ground and rotten butt.  On the other side of this lot there were some really nice big pines  I would of bet money they had butt rot.  All were solid and no red rot either.  Having a few bad ones is inevitable. 

Thank You Sponsors!