iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

one of them days

Started by treechopper40, September 18, 2014, 11:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treechopper40

well I got up at 4am this morning to pooring down rain went to the woods skidded 6 hitches was on my way back to cut my last hitch just going nice and easy in 2nd gear low range and I hear a loud pop and the left front spindle broke rate behind the inside bearing so I cut a block and blocked it up to take the weight off the axle walked out and got my other tree farmer and finished skidding my load got in the loader and started decking up my wood and blew a hose I took the hose off and went to the local dealer to get a hose made and they lacked one fitting so no hose guess I should have stayed home today anyway back to the woods in the morning hopefuly tomorrow is a better day if anyone knows where I can get a spindle for a1966 c5b tree farmer with pr52 Rockwell rears please let me know thanks in advance
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

BargeMonkey

Where upstate are you ? Yeah some days the harder you push the worse it seems. Ive had alot of trouble lately getting hoses, no ones stocking anything anymore. 4 wire forget about it, have to go into Albany for that.

treechopper40

im about 45 minutes north of tupper lake in colton not far  from potsdam
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

nhlogga

Seems this stuff happens when ya try to work in bad weather.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

luvmexfood

Had one of them days myself yesterday. Just spun my wheels all day. At one time literly. Almost flat ground and got my pickup stuck in mud. Was alone but luckly the area about 5 ft. in front was drier. Was able to hook chain to tractor and put truck in neutral and pull it out. Good thing it was just a slight uphill where I had to pull.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

ya driving up skid road with nothing be hind me and pop-pop pop the gears went out on the final drive( that's what cat calls them ) from cat each gear is 300 bucks need 4 the main gear that drives the wheel is over a grand I told them to keep it ill file the burrs off and keep going all this for FREE wood for my house  ;D

lopet

We all get those days, but I rather like dealing with it at the end of the week than on a Monday morning  ;D
Treechopper , if you would have stayed home that day doesn't mean it wouldn't have broke the next day.  That's kinda silly way to look at.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

timberlinetree

Those days really stink! Glad I'm not a man of my word few of those days I gave up was all done only to find myself back at it the next day :D. A good day is when nothing break's. A nice day is when nothing breakes and get a lot done and a great day is when Marcia stops by for lunch! 8). Good luck with your skidder fix.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

treechopper40

well I still had a good week 4 tractor trailer loads of log length firewood 10,872 feet of white pine logs a single axle load of log length firewood and 4 face cord of cut n split wood not bad for a one man cutting by hand  and I found the spindle shipped to my door for $140 cant beat that

BargeMonkey

Thats hustling.  8)  Good you found your parts. Log length firewood is rare down this way, I sold 1 load a few weeks ago, 1st time in almost 10yrs, we refuse to do it.

treechopper40

I have a Canadian that buys all the log length I can cut he pays $38 ton on the landing its a good gig he buys year around too and that way I don't pay trucking or deal with the pulp mills its a win win

Maine logger88

Thats a good week for sure! Sounds like a good market for firewood do you load him or does he have a center mount
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

treechopper40

no I load him takes me around 35-40 minutes out of a decked pile

Thank You Sponsors!