iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to here

Started by RHP Logging, September 17, 2014, 09:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHP Logging

I've been snooping around on here for a couple of days now and you guys seem to keep this forum movin pretty well, so I thought I'd jump right in. I'm a handcutter from SE Wisconsin. I cut for a mill and run a Franklin forwarder.  I'm mostly after sawlogs, but I do get wrangled into some pulp.  I look forward to hanging out here once in a while.  Seems like there is a lot of interesting info to be had here.  Anyway here are some pics from work. Let me know if these pics don't show!

Pickin up.

Jackin a hard maple away from the boundary line.

High-stumpin a couple of red oaks.

2mbf hard maple.

Me stumpin a nice red.

Buckin in the woods

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Good job on the pics.
Looks like some nice oak and maple.

What mill did those logs go to, if I might ask ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

RHP Logging

Algoma Lumber.  I've been cutting for them for 3 years now. I see you are in south central WI.  I'm cutting about 20 minutes west of Beaver Dam right now.
Buckin in the woods

WDH

Nice logs and nice pics. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Maine logger88

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking wood!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

Nice pictures. Glad you joined!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RHP Logging

Thanks for the compliments on my wood!  ;D  Well I gotta split! Got home late and have to sharpen chains, get crap ready, etc to hit the woods all over again tomorrow.
Buckin in the woods

BargeMonkey

Always good to see and meet people trying to make a living.  :D  thats pretty cool with the springboard.

IcePick

Nice pics, you do good work!
Trying to support myself and a family working with trees since 1998.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

treeslayer2003

lopet

Your pics just look fine to me.       Welcome to the club
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Compensation

D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

mad murdock

Welcome RHP, that is some fine hardwood!! Haven't seen stuff like that since I left the "land of cheese"!   8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

MJD

Welcome from another SE Wisconsin guy, Jim B. still buying for Algoma?

coxy

IcePick

Quote from: MJD on September 18, 2014, 05:54:11 AM
Welcome from another SE Wisconsin guy, Jim B. still buying for Algoma?

Yep!
Trying to support myself and a family working with trees since 1998.

CCC4

What's up mang!! Glad to see ya here! Hope all is well, I might give ya a call this weekend...catch up a bit!

CCC4

Thank You Sponsors!