iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wright c-70 no start

Started by mich04, September 16, 2014, 08:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mich04

Hello, so I got my first real chainsaw. It is a Wright c-70. I could not get it to start. It has compression, I rinsed out the old gas with brake cleaner and put in new oil gas mixture.  I put a little bit of sea foam in the gas tank and right in the spark plug hole. I think it is getting gas because I started to see it in the exhaust. I don't think I am getting any spark though. I did try some other spark plugs (they were the right thread but different part number) just to see if it would create any spark. It did not as far as I could tell.

The whole setup looks like someone had already worked a lot on it. When I removed the exhaust inside I could see the piston from the side it looked new. I was wondering if anyone has any diagrams. I have been taking each part off carefully seeing that it seems that all parts are there. It seems like a very nice complete saw. Any help will be appreciated.

mich04

So I found some great information, it looks like I will be saving this :)

(link removed by admin.)

mich04

so after researching on-line I think that the points are what the problem is. I have never seen points before, but I think I found them. I am assuming they are under a thin piece of metal under where the rope housing is. I saw that I am supposed to use the metal plate as a feeler as it says right on it. When I put it all back together though and try to start it does not fire up I am not seeing a little smoke come out of the exhaust so I think it is getting spark now.

When I take it all apart and check the points they move together and eliminate the gap. What can cause this to happen?

mich04

After thinking about it a little more and twisting the shaft I see that the shaft is not perfectly round and the points move thus taking away my gap.

sablatnic

You will have to measure the gap when the points are most open. (Farthest from each other).

And clean them too!

Good luck.

Thank You Sponsors!